I was tagged a month ago to do this post and with Christmas festivities finally out of the way I can get onto it and do it properly! Norlin aka Baubles, Bubbles & Bags is one of my most longstanding Melbourne blogger friends so when she tagged me to nominate my top 5, go-to makeup items I immediately agreed to do it. The idea is to share the 5 items I'd pick in a pinch to make up my face - very similar to the 5-product face (see my previous post here) but this is more about naming my 5 favourites, the products I'd consider my "go-to, cannot live without" items. And yes, on a relaxed day these would be all I need for my face too!
I can tell you now there are no surprises here - I think I've raved about most of these products before...
- Laura Mercier Lingerie Eye & Cheek Palette (Limited Edition) - I know this is limited edition but the fact is this palette accompanied me for my last two holiday trips because it contains all I need for all kinds of warm or cool eye makeup looks from demure to dramatic and the two blush shades are so pretty and wearable too. Laura Mercier matte shades have a silky feel so they sweep evenly and blend beautifully on the eyes and the "luster" shades (such as the iconic African Violet which is part of the core line) have just the right amount of subtle shimmer for a bit of interest without ever daring to be over the top. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another LM palette in future. By the way, and not to rub it in, but this palette scores 4.8 out of 5 on Makeup Alley so you know I'm not the only one in love with the Lingerie palette.
- Lancôme Hypnose Doll Eyes Waterproof Mascara (Black) - My current favourite waterproof mascara because I love the clump-free, flake-free, smudge-free waterproof formula and I love the tapered brush. Read all about it here.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (Perversion) - Super soft and creamy and so definitively inky black - UD themselves describe this shade as "blackest-black matte" so you get the picture. This is so defined and easy to apply that I can use it in place of liquid eyeliner (my personal beauty fail - I'm so clumsy with liquid eyeliner) and because it's waterproof it stays put so it's my numero uno choice for the waterline too if I'm in that kind of mood.
- Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer - My much raved about drugstore highlighting concealer because it actually works! I occasionally wander off to try something else - because I want to know what else is out there - but so far I just keep returning to this. My review is consistently in the popular posts roll on the right but if it's not just click on the link here.
- Tom Ford Lip Color - My desert island lipstick choice because it's literally loaded with wonderful ingredients, is creamy and moisturising, offers high coverage and the packaging is uber chic too - suitable for looking the part when being rescued from that island, lol! I admit I always feel a little more put together with a slick of a bright Tom Ford shade on my lips
So... What are your top 5 makeup products?
Feel free to do this tag too!