22 October, 2014

Revlon: Timeless

Here I am sneaking back with a quick manicure post to fill the gap before I get into the next Japanese beauty haul instalment.  I've been extra busy at work lately, putting in some extra hours at the office so I've been a bit tired and lazy about posting - Sorry! This too shall pass and the routine should resume soon...
 
Okay so this post features a discount bin find from earlier this year.  Revlon seems to have discontinued this timeless grey cream, not surprisingly called Timeless (what else?) which is a real shame because it is the perfect soft dove grey.  I adore the colour but...the formula was another let down with those dreaded bubbles appearing a few minutes after I'd finished applying.  I remember a time when the classic Revlon formula was a winner so what happened? Oh the frustration.
 
This is two coats with top coat, photographed in natural indirect daylight:
 
 
 
 
If you know of a dupe for this - which doesn't bubble and is still available - then please share in the comments!
 
Until my next haul post :)


10 comments:

  1. I don't have a gray like this either, and am actually looking for one, lol! Sorry I can't be of more help. I was thinking of looking at Jinsoon or Dior...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Liz has something I might have my eye on so I'll be restalking her grey post!

      Delete
  2. I love this! It's like a purple-grey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought classic Revlon was all that great. But this is a very pretty colour. I bet we can find you a better dupe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll take all of your help and advice on this search! You have quite the grey collection happening ;)

      Delete
  4. I think this is such an elegant shade *0*


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I just wish the polish itself was smoother - otherwise it would be perfect!

      Delete
  5. I'm not a polish expert but it looks like a colour Essie would have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out the Essie range. I know they have a great collection of neutrals so hopefully they will have a grey!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...