11 June, 2015

Kester Black Nail Polish: Sky

I always get a kick out of trying local beauty brands and Melbourne based Kester Black has been on my list for a little while now.  I'd seen their polish around and online and finally ordered a couple of bottles from Natural Supply Co a few months ago.  Now finally...finally(!) I've tried one out!

A little bit about Kester Black from my online research:  The brand was established in 2012 in response to the lack of cruelty free and carbon neutral options available locally, and the lack of fashionable colour selections within the brands that were available.  Kester Black sought to satisfy the colour and style needs of "...Australian consumers who are both morally and style conscious..." by providing "...unique, trend driven cosmetics that are ethically produced."  All products have CCF (Choose Cruelty Free) and Vegan Society accreditation.  If you want to read more about their sustainable production philosophy and approach click here.

And onto the polish I'm wearing in this post.  Sky is a very pale and interesting blue alternative to white creme - virtually snow white with a kiss of blue.  Pastel polishes are notorious for patchy or sheer application but this polish was almost a one-coat wonder as it applied smoothly and surprisingly opaque on my nails with the first coat.  As I prefer to wear two coats of colour to prolong the wear of my polish this is what I'm wearing in these pictures, finished with a layer of top coat.  Speaking of wear, this lasted the working week with minimal chipping so it performed well all round - I have ordered another shade from the range since, so I have the feeling this may be the start of something...

All pictures were taken on a gloomy, grey day:




Kester Black polishes are 5 Free and contain no Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin or Camphor.

Until next time!

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love shades like this! I've been having a pastel moment myself, lately. I don't think I have anything quite like this, though!

    And it is always nice to support local businesses, especially ones that have such powerful and important agendas. I try to do that with food and services and things like that, but so far I haven't extended it to beauty, too much. I should make more of an effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it unique! I also have a grey creme from KB that I've yet to try but I'm more excited by the shade I've just ordered which is a mossy green - something else I don't have in my stash! Glad you get my enthusiasm for supporting local companies with a cause. I keep hearing the voices of change resonating ever louder in my ears so I'm making a conscious effort to listen and learn!

      Delete
  2. I love that they are Melbourne based, and all the posts I've seen look like such quality product. Love how classy this shade is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I look forward to trying more from their range - besides the nail polish they also have a range of wonderful sounding soaps :)

      Delete
  3. Its sucha beautiful and different shade Vita, loved it. Looks stunning on you. Very light shades don't look good on me, though I like the look of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's really different isn't it! It had me intrigued from the get go :)

      Delete
  4. Love colours like this but they can be tricky to wear. I'm trying not to hoard too many polishes and will have to see what's similar in the vault here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always trying so hard to remember what I have back at home when confronted with new colours instore which is a hopeless exercise really! Best to go back home, shop the stash first, THEN go back and buy - but that never happens! Lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...