13 January, 2014

OPI: Far East Fuchsia

We're on the verge of our first bona fide heatwave down here in Melbourne so summer has finally hit full stride.  With four days of 40 degrees Celsius on the way I've got nothing better to do than relax on the sofa with a cold drink and a warm laptop and clatter out a blog post about nail polish. 
 
I dug Far East Fuchsia out of my collection a while ago when I was in the mood to wear pink.  Far East Fuchsia is a case of pink and how! It's a hot pink with blue shimmer and the kind of shade I would have worn a lot of years ago - not so much these days.  Enough of the musing already right? What can I tell you about this polish?  Far East Fuchsia is one of OPI's older, now discontinued shades and was initially released in their 2000 Far East collection.  A very glossy, very bright pink and perfect for this time of year.  This is two coats plus top coat.
 
Sun
 
 
Shade
 
 
Until next time.
 

15 comments:

  1. I love it on you!

    We are having 5 days of 40+ this week too in Adelaide :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! Not looking forward to the heatwave, particularly because my air con at home is not so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling - we spent a few hours at the local shopping centre and cinema today!

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely perfect for a heath wave :)
    Our winter here in Denmark is just grey, wet and windy - so I miss snow or spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully spring isn't too far away for you! It seems as though the seasons are running a little slow at the moment - our summer weather is 2 months late :p

      Delete
  4. You know, I don't own a shade like this? Hahaha!

    I'd love a bit of sunshine right now. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bright pink is such a fun shade - although I don't have many of these myself!

      I'm trying my best to stay cool cos it's currently 43 Celsius outside. It was the airconditioned shopping mall and the cinema today :p

      Delete
  5. so bright, so summery, so perfect for this dastardly heat wave! Beautiful as always x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Thank goodness we're out the other end of that heatwave - just a little TOO hot for TOO long!

      Delete
  6. Talk about a BRIGHT pink! Love the intensity of this, perfect for the hot weather, even when there's a heat wave! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear shades like this very often but I really enjoy them when I do - I need to wear more hot pinks before the summer ends!

      Delete
  7. Soooo funny - I used to hate shades like this (yes, hate!) and now I CAN'T GET ENOUGH. So damn punchy and juicy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent a lot of time avoiding these myself - because they didn't feel mature enough?! I don't know but anyway I've had the same change of heart as you Liz!

      Delete
  8. I just found this in my mother's cabinet and painted my daughter's nails!! I absolutely love it and wish I could have found it earlier today at the salon when I got a manicure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...