28 February, 2015

Island Girl Nail Color: Mahalo Color

Being the last day of summer down here in Melbourne I have no choice but to post the most summery nail swatch I can find!
 
When I was in Hawaii last year I finally came face to face with the Island Girl range of polishes and despite the vast array of summery colours I was uncharacteristically disciplined and only chose two.  For whatever reason I was suffering nail polish fatigue but these things happen.  In any case...
 
Mahalo Girl is one of those obvious picks for a beachside mani or pedi as it's a neon watermelon pink and instantly sets off or gives the impression of a tan.  While some neon polishes can be quite sheer and demand a white polish base this polish was as opaque as the average non-neon variety so I got away with two coats for complete coverage.  If only I knew that back in Hawaii I may have reconsidered my conservative shopping and grabbed a few more! An excuse for a return visit perhaps? *winks* 
 
Shade
 
 
Sun
 
Is there anything you regret not buying on holiday?
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Oh, it is so pretty & vibrant! Perfect for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph! What a shame the weather has turned out so ordinary today though :p

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this color!! Nothing says "Summer breeze, makes me feel fine...." like hot pink nails! It just makes you think of beaches and pools and all of the happy things summer brings! I can't believe today is the last day of summer in Oz! It's so cool that we have opposite seasons. The official first day of spring in the western hemisphere is March 20th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm excited for you and the coming spring! We really haven't had much of a summer so I'm a little bit sad that it's over too soon this year, but never mind - we're headed up north to Queensland later this month where it's always warmer for a beach holiday :)

      Delete
  3. Okay well yeah, now I regret not buying this when I was in Hawaii! A couple of the ABC stores closest to us in Waikiki had crappy colours - it wasn't until I went further along and tried a few more that I found brighter colours (and a great shimmery dark black shade for my Mum) I think I only bought one or two though? I have a full post in mind for things I regret not buying on holiday...:(

    Love this shade on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a perverse way I look forward to reading that - I wish I'd bought more of these nail polishes and I wish I'd bought more than one jar of strawberry & guava jam! I nearly cried when I ran out of that stuff for my breakfast toast :(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...