Finallyyyyyyy!!!! My last empties for last year! I'm going to try and keep it brief -
128) L'Occitane Cleansing Refreshing Cloth with Shea Extract (Sample)
I don't have much to say about this because the sample pack contained only a single wipe. It did cleanse my skin gently without any tightness but there was nothing remarkable about it other than me knowing it contains shea extract. I can't find any further information on these on the L'Occitane website so I don't have any idea how they would compare to other products in terms of price, and further research suggests these may only be available as hotel amenities rather than for general retail.
129) Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover (112 ml)
I bought a bottle to try after seeing it on lovely Larie's blog because it's another one of those dual-action makeup remover formulas that I'm so addicted to. It was just as effective as my usual Maybelline remover, taking off waterproof mascara easily and without any tears - what I didn't like is the open necked bottle, and yes clumsy me did manage to spill it once. Good product, minus the non spill-proof packaging.
130) Nivea Soothing Cleansing Mousse for Dry & Sensitive Skin (150ml)
I totally enjoyed using this soft mousse cleanser and my skin felt moisturised after rinsing it off in my morning shower. If I had to fault it in any way I'd say it wasn't travel-friendly but honestly, I just loved it! See a more detailed review here.
131) Bloom off, off and away cleansing wipes (24 wipes)
This was my second pack simply because of they were a bargain at 3 bucks but I wouldn't buy these at full price. My full review is in my November post here.
Hand and body care
131) Puretopia Glowingly Smooth Body Polish (200ml/6.8 fl.oz.)
This was like exfoliating with scented river sand! It did an average job of exfoliating my skin and made a heck of a mess in my shower - granules everywhere! Buy this again? No.
132) OPI Original Polish Remover ( 120ml/4fl.oz) - I guzzled my way through 11 bottles of this brand of remover in 2012!
133) Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (1 litre) - My everyday in-shower cleanser - I finally upgraded to the jumbo bottle! This was my 5th bottle of Cetaphil for the year.
134) Revlon Wet/Dry Shadow Quad (Tickled Pink LE) - This vintage Revlon quad comprised four shimmery highlight shades so I used it every other day. Not surprisingly, it's gone!
135) Revlon Lip Butter (Peach Parfait) - I got caught up in the lip butter hype and bought a few of these. Peach Parfait was my favourite because of its soft pink/peach shade and yep, I literally wore through it like butter too, actually disconcertingly fast for a lip product so I don't think these tubes are great value for money because they wear down so fast. The fuss about these has since been overtaken by Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains - and they ARE worth the hype in my opinion.
136) Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick (Pinkerbelle) - I was sad to see this pretty blue-toned pink lipstick go because it was another LE.
137) Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara (Waterproof - Black) - Good, genuinely waterproof formula for a natural-looking lash look but I hated the prickly brush!
And that's it for the year - somehow I used up 137 products compared to 2011's total of 96 and well exceeded my goal of 100 empties. To satisfy my own curiosity mainly, here's the detailed breakdown by category (includes sample sizes):
- 11 x packs of cleansing wipes
- 7 x cleansers
- 6 x bottles of makeup remover
- 6 x moisturisers
- 3 x serums
- 3 x lip balms
- 2 x facial sunscreens
- 1 x night cream
Hand and body care:
- 13 x bottles of nail polish remover
- 8 x bottles of body lotion
- 8 x tubes of hand cream
- 7 x bottles of body cleanser
- 4 x body exfoliants
- 4 x bottles of top coat
- 3 x body creams
- 2 x bottles of nail polish drying drops
- 1 x bottle of base coat
- 1 x bottle of nail colour
- 1 x cuticle treatment
- 1 x bottle of hand wash
- 1 x tube of foot cream
- 1 x dry shampoo
- 1 x hair volumising spray
- 1 x pack of soap sheets
- 5 x sample/travel size bottles or vials
- 3 x full size bottles
- 9 x lip glosses
- 7 x lipsticks
- 6 x tubes of mascara
- 5 x concealers
- 3 x eyeshadows
- 1 x translucent pressed powder
- 1 x powder foundation
- 1 x powder blush
- 1 x lipliner pencil
- 1 x eyeliner pencil
Whew! That is IT for now!