25 August, 2013

My new Tom Ford Lip Color & Lip Color Shines (with lip swatches)

Hello!
 
I've made no secret of my love for Tom Ford's Lip Color line. I've been pretty restrained considering, as until now my collection consisted of just two full sized lipsticks and a complimentary sample sized tube. In actual fact I'd only bought one of these as the other two were gifted by my ever thoughtful husband so I've been really restrained.  Yeah, so I was restrained until I headed overseas and found TF selling for just a little less than our exorbitant Australian prices...



I chose two shades from the traditional Lip Color line and when I spotted the new Lip Color Shines in Hong Kong I opted for one of those as at that time they were yet to release in Australia.  They have since been released down here and are now available in selected David Jones stores. 
 

 Tom Ford Lip Color left to right:
01 Spanish Pink, 22 Forbidden Pink
 
 
I picked some soft warm-toned pinks to balance my little collection of TF bright reds.  Spanish Pink is an almost nude pink cream, while Forbidden Pink is a mid toned salmon pink I've already found very versatile to wear. I've since discovered Forbidden Pink is one of Tom Ford Beauty's Asia-exclusive shades so I'll have to treasure this one, although I think it's going to be difficult to hold me back from wearing it often.  Both of these lipsticks have the creamy comfort and intense pigmentation I'm used to and do not bleed on the lips. I just love them!
 
 
Tom Ford Lip Color Shine:
10 Willful
 
 
 I was excited to swatch these new lightweight, shinier slimline lip shades and I was torn between the  hot pink Ravenous and orange-red Willful but ended up deciding on Willful because it seemed more of a year round kind of shade.  While I really like the look the shiny finish gives to my lips the Lip Color Shines obviously don't have the same staying power as the original Lip Colors  - and may travel outside the lip line over time - so I wouldn't consider them a necessary beauty investment.  Still, if you prefer something which sits between lipstick and gloss and you're a Tom Ford fan this may just be your thing.  If I were to buy another shade I'd personally choose a softer nude or lip toned pink for my mature lips so any bleeding wouldn't be obvious.   
 
****
 
Now - for those of you who requested here are some lip swatches. My makeup is minimal to keep the focus on the lips - just a bit of powder foundation and concealer (not even blush!) on my face, with a little liquid eyeliner and mascara on my top lashes.  Also, please excuse the lack of styled hair - I did these shots this afternoon on a whim!  I'm not in the habit of posting my full face on the blog but I suddenly decided well, why not? Now you can actually see how these lipsticks show up on my NC20 face... 
 

01 Spanish Pink
 

 22 Forbidden Pink


 10 Willful



 Which shade do you prefer?
 
 
Until next time.

27 comments:

  1. They're all absolutely incredible, especially on you! I can see how you've found Forbidden Pink to be quite versatile. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Forbidden Pink is such a good all season shade :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely lipsticks and they all look fantastic on you! Especially Wilful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I love the smooth finish of Willful :)

      Delete
  3. These look great Vita, I love the forbidden pink and willful. I hope I get these at the Singapore Airport .. Loved the Face shots, you look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saumya :)

      Good luck with your lipstick shopping!

      Delete
  4. I love Forbidden Pink and Willful!!

    My goodness, Vita, you look absolutely stunning in those face shots, like a model!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're embarrassing me just a little, but thank you Nalini :)

      I agree with your colour picks. Spanish Pink demands a smoky eye to make it work to best effect on me but the other two shades brighten up my face!

      Delete
  5. Your face! I love it :) These all look so pretty! I really like Forbidden Pink on you, but Willful is my favorite - such a stunning shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larie! I felt these colours needed to be put into context on my face so I braved it :p

      I can definitely see you wearing Willful!

      Delete
  6. SO pretty on you Vita! They all look so amazing on you! And yup-I need Forbidden Pink next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy - I think it was you who wanted to see these on so I went for it! Put Forbidden Pink on your list for when you (or someone you know) goes visiting Asia :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! You look incredible in ALL the shades. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz :)

      I'm really pleased with all my picks. I really feel like I have all I need in TF lippies! For now anyway, lol!!

      Delete
  8. These are all fantastic and the full face shots always help really show how a color looks! You're so beautiful!! I may have to look into TF lipsticks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Kaki :)

      You should definitely check out TF lippies if you're after an indulgent lipstick treat!

      Delete
  9. I think you look great in all the 3 shades! My favourite has to be Forbidden Pink though. A great versatile nude :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Lily :)

      Do you have TF in Malaysia? If you do then you should check out Forbidden Pink (unless you already have a tube!) If not I guess you just head to Singapore or HK for a TF fix!

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous shades! I have yet to own a Tom Ford lipstick but it's definitely on my wishlist. The packaging is simply beautiful and I've heard so many terrific things about the formula as well. I think my favourite is Spanish Pink :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a peach-pink nude like Spanish Pink would look lovely on you! Tom Ford makeup is definitely a luxury purchase but I think everyone deserves an occasional luxury ;)

      Delete
  11. Full face shots!! :)
    Obviously I need to visit the TF counter soon again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take me with you when you go - or maybe not! I'm not sure I want to torture myself with the new collection!

      Delete
  12. Those shades look AMAZING on you Vita!!!! I'm planning to buy one more TF lippy. Yes, just one. You read it right. From my U.S trip (amongst other makeup on my list!) No idea what shade yet. Probably a strong red or a nude...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very restrained of you! ;)

      Check out Cherry Lush if you're looking for a good cool-toned red. It's universally flattering and one of TF's best sellers. Happy lipstick shopping!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha we'll see how I go eh? hehehehe

      Delete
    3. I can't wait to see your final choice!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...