31 July, 2012

July purchases

July was a great month for bargains with all the mid-year sales around. Yes, I kept my eyes open to all that was out there on offer and this post is a collective of pretty much all my shopping throughout the month.

After all of the shopping since finishing my Project 10 Pan in April I admit that at the moment I'm feeling a bit jaded and just damn well shopped out!  A good indication is all the online stalking I've been doing lately but not adding anything to cart.  Apart from one lipstick I've got my eye on (YSL's Forbidden Burgundy) as reward for completing my lipstick ban, I feel like taking it easy with the beauty accumulation for a little while again - until I get that sudden urge for that special something.  There's nothing worse and more wasteful than joyless consumption. Alright, enough of my philosophizing and guilt, here's a rundown of what I bought...

Essie polish minis
At $5AUD each these were too good a deal to pass up...

The Resort Collection - Aka the Fair Game Collection released in 2011. Shades are Fair Game (blue/grey shimmer), Your Hut or Mine (coral pink shimmer), Lion Around (candy pink shimmer) and, haha seriously, Da Bush (green/grey creme).

Brazilliant Summer Collection - Also released in 2011.  I bought this just for Brazilliant itself which is a hot orange with a subtle shimmer. Also in the cube are Smooth Sailing (icy periwinkle blue), Super Bossa Nova (fuschia shimmer) and Meet Me at Sunset (hot orange creme).

Crabtree & Evelyn
 I bought the Crabtree & Evelyn hand care products in two separate trips to the store - both times during a 40% off deal.  I usually stop by there for gifts but ended up gifting myself this time.

Pomegranate Deep Cleansing Hand Wash - One of my little indulgences is using something a little more luxurious than a drugstore hand wash in my bathroom. I'd seen this in my first trip to Crabtree & Evelyn but didn't buy it, then kicked myself, then went back for it!

Pomegranate Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy - Pardon the pun in advance but I bought this hand cream not only because it's soothing and smells lovely but because it goes "hand in hand" with the pomegranate hand wash, hehe!

Lavender Age Defying Hand Remedy - This was the original buy. A no brainer for me because it promises "younger-looking hands".

Real Techniques makeup brushes
 These brushes weren't on sale but I bought them out of curiousity (aka under the influence of beauty bloggers!) and because they are so ridiculously soft. I'm no makeup brush guru but I'll let you know how I go with these...

 SJP Lovely & Lanolips

Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker - I'm not a fan of celebrity fragrances generally but this fragrance is the exception and it was on sale!  It's soft and powdery and reminds me of spring so I'm getting in early.

Lanolips Lip Ointment (Rose) - A spontaneous buy just because I love the natural pink colour of this rich balm.

 That is all.

Vita :)
 

30 comments:

  1. Great buys! Definitely those mini Essie's for only $5!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! I couldn't believe the Essies were selling for $5 and I can't ever pass up a good bargain :)

      Delete
  2. I love Crabtree & Evelyn, they always smell divine and are so luxurious! The make-up brushes look amazing - where from and how much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm forever going to Crabtree & Evelyn to buy gifts especially for my Sis-In-Law who's a fan of their Iris body lotions and creams. They are so luxurious and I feel great about spoiling myself. The Real Techniques brushes are now selling in Priceline. From memory the individual blush brush was around the $20 mark and the kit was somewhere between $30-40. I love how soft they are!

      Delete
  3. Awesome haul!! Especially love your Essie purchases! I have a few Essie miniatures lying around and they are just sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've probably started a new obsession with the Essie minis - although I don't know when I'll see them at that price again :)

      Delete
  4. Those Essie cubes for $5! Bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't turn down a bargain like that and I'm really pleased with the colours, especially the Brazilliant collection :)

      Delete
  5. Great haul!! I picked up the Real Techniques brushes recently from Priceline too and I'm loving them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great? I've got my eye on the RT stipple brush next :)

      Delete
  6. wow sweet buys! I love those Techniques brushes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember I was blown away the first time I saw Real Techniques brushes on another beauty blog. I knew immediately I'd have to get some of my own :)

      Delete
  7. I think you're right - we do need to watch out for "joyless consumption!" I find that limiting myself makes me even more excited for the things I do buy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larie, I think I'm content to sit back, relax and take my time before creating my next wish list. I'm feeling pretty grateful with what I've got at the moment :)

      Delete
  8. Awesome haul! Where did you buy those Essie cubes for $5??
    I also started using Lanolips about a month ago (the 101 ointment) and it is a MIRACLE! The sides of my lips used to always get cracks and be really red and itchy and this is the only thing that has helped! I'm in love :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanolips is fab and it feels so nice! I bought the Essie cubes from Cosmetics Fragrance Direct at their Uni Hill outlet in Melbourne. I know CFD have outlets in QLD, NSW and ACT as well as Victoria. Check their website for location details :)

      Delete
  9. how awesome were those essies for $5!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally going to uni hill tomorrow to see if they still have the essie cubes in stock!! So cheap! I love Essie polishes. I have a feeling that the last YSL lippy I bought was Forbidden Burgundy, I'll have to check it out (I'm yet to use it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG it feels like everyone's taunting me with that lipstick at the moment, lol! I'm going to tweet and blog it the minute I finally get it. Swatched it at DJ's again the other day and it's just gorge! Good luck with the Essies too. I bought them about 2-3 weeks ago but they had heaps there! xo

      Delete
  11. You got yourself some pretty nice deals :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are turning into my empties/haul mentor. Such great bargains here and reasonable and well-deserved treats! I would have bought the Essie packs in a heartbeat and I also really like C&E hand creams. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I always love it when I find out we like the same things! So cool that you like Crabtree & Evelyn too! I felt so indulgent buying their stuff because it's just a little bit special ;)

      Delete
    2. It's not very popular but I was given a C&E Hand Therapy as gift once and was impressed with it! There's a C&E boutique that I keep passing by and staring at with much longing, lol.

      Delete
    3. One day...Hopefully you'll walk past when they're on sale too!!!

      Delete
  13. I'm kicking myself for not getting the Real Technique brushes when they were on special at Priceline last week! I wanted to get one of the sets, but there is always just that one brush I didn't want, looking forward to your review though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I bought them at full price too partly because I was so shocked to see them in Priceline! I'll take them for a thorough test run so I can do a proper review.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...