03 July, 2012

REVIEW: June's farewelled products


We're officially half way through the year.  Not sure if I should be cheering or crying?!  I STILL haven't finished my lipstick ban but I have finished these bits and pieces over the past month - I swear I have nearly finished that ban.  It's just that long lasting lipsticks are, well, so long lasting (even in the tube!)...

Skin care

56) Yes to Blueberries Age Refresh Brightening Facial Towelettes (30 towelettes)
These wipes had quite a tart scent because of the apple and lemon peel included in the organic blueberry formula. Honestly? These are the least impressive cleansing wipes I've tried so far - they're not as moist as some so sometimes one wipe wasn't quite enough and they left my skin feeling a little tight,  meaning I had to use a night cream afterwards to feel comfortableOne plus is the resealable flip-top opening but I definitely won't be repurchasing these.

57) Yes to Blueberries Age Refresh Daily Repairing Moisturiser (1.7 fl.oz/50ml)
Sweetly scented and very rich, I only needed a tiny amount to moisturise my face so it went a long way.  I learnt very quickly to be careful not to overdo it because it could become greasy and filmy on the skin. Good value for those who want their moisturiser minus the SPF and a single pump of the bottle dispenses just the right amount.  Nice but not special enough for me to repurchase.

58) L'Oreal Gentle Make-up Remover for Eyes & Lips (125ml)
I used this bottle up just to clear out my backlog of products.  It's a good, effective and gentle makeup remover but you probably know I've now switched my love to Maybelline's slightly cheaper, and much better packaged version.  I've got no more of these up my sleeve and I won't repurchase unless Maybelline discontinue their makeup remover!

59) Biotherm Age Fitness Power2 Active Smoothing Care (0.16fl.oz/5ml sample)
This teeny weeny tube gave me just enough product for three mornings and I was already seduced on the first morning!  The cream is light and absorbs easily into the skin and the scent - it's like a shower fresh wake me up - I loooved it.  I've read that this cream contains pure olive leaf concentrate, pure olive extracts and antioxidants and is targeted at reducing the signs of aging.  I'm intrigued enough to put it on my wish list.


Hand and body care

60) Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturising Lotion (12fl.oz/354ml)
This lotion was 'prescribed' to me by my doctor a few months ago when I was suffering with dry, itchy, hyper-sensitive skin.  This thick lotion contains natural colloidal oatmeal to provide long lasting soothing moisture and menthol for its cooling anti-itch properties. The minty menthol scent thankfully fades away quickly so it doesn't clash with any perfume.  It was a godsend when I was suffering and I slathered it from shoulders to ankles.  I would definitely use this again if I have another bout of sensitive, itchy skin.

61) Palmer's Skin Smoothing Lotion with Alpha/Beta Hydroxy & Shea butter (250ml - 8.5fl. oz)
This the second bottle I've finished for the year because it effectively controls my ongoing keratosis.  Yep, I'm onto my third bottle!

62) Manicare Nail Polish Remover (125ml)
Of course I have to include an empty bottle of polish remover in my monthly empties! The formula in this budget remover includes acetone with tea tree oil and vitamin ESlightly less effective than my usual OPI but I'll turn to this as a good cheaper alternative. 

Cosmetics

63) Essence Glossy Lipbalm (Pink Dragonfruit)
Here's the proof I've finally finished my lip gloss ban! This lovely fruity scented gloss was a juicy, vibrant pink with an almost indetectible shimmer and I know it only cost me a few dollars. Cheap and cheerful but sadly I think these have been discontinued in Australian stores at least. I'd definitely snap up more if they were still available here because the little tubes are so easy to tote around in my pocket.

64) YSL Touche Eclat (01)
The last one in my stash and the end of an era in my own beauty journey.  I used to swear by these luxe illuminating concealers for years until I discovered other newer, cheaper, and frankly better coverage versions. This was the first of its kind so it was groundbreaking when it was launched. Even though I've moved on I'll remember it fondly...

65) Rimmel Volume Flash x 10 Mascara (001 Black)
I don't want to tell you exactly how long I've been using this budget mascara - just know it's been way too long because it just goes on and on and on... It promises up to 10 x more volume and this creamy mascara does a pretty darn good job at thickening the lashes.  If I have to be picky about it, I did find it was a little too wet when I first used it so the formula needed to dry up a little to get the perfect creamy consistency.  At around $10AUD I would definitely repurchase. 
 
Fragrance
 
66) Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Collection EDP LE (.04fl.oz/1,2 ml sample)
I'm a fan of Narciso's Essence Eau de Musc and got this as a free sample when I made my Eau de Musc purchase. This fragrance has "...dominant aromas of musk, with aromas of ylang-ylang, jasmine and orange blossom". 

That's it for another month of empties!

Vita :)

15 comments:

  1. I love your empties posts. You use up so many products in a month, great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie, I guess I love actually doing them too - it's satisfying to see those empties piling up! BTW I enjoy your empties posts too. I'm always curious to see what everyone else is using! xo

      Delete
  2. You're so good with your empties Vita!! You're almost there with your lipstick ban - keep up the good work!
    I've never tried the Blueberries range from Yesto, but I'm pretty happy with their cucumber facial wipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey, keep going with the encouragement. I'm only days away from finishing my second-last lipstick! I've also got the Yes to Cucumbers wipes in my stash waiting to be used :) xo

      Delete
  3. I love these posts! I'm going to have to dig around your post for eye makeup remover by Maybelline because I still can't find a good one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaki - here's the link with my review of Maybelline: http://makeup4myage.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/review-maybelline-express-care-eye-lip.html

      Vita xo

      Delete
  4. You are the empties pro, I swear. You and Liz! I've got to try that Rimmel mascara next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww c'mon Larie, I envy you guys you know! I'd love to see what you think of the Rimmel :)xo

      Delete
  5. Larie: I think Vita has me beaten as she always has some sort of makeup in her empties while I only seem to toss out wipes and toners!

    Amazing job as always, Vita! I quite like the L'Oreal eye makeup remover but I'm not buying individual eye makeup removers now. And a sad farewell to the YSL Touche Eclat - it's the end of an era!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way Liz! You're the Reductionista who inspires me!!! Thanks anyway *blushes*

      Delete
  6. Wow! You're like a makeup/skincare finishing machine! haha :)

    Good job Vita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Glad to see you're back visiting - I missed you. xo

      Delete
  7. Sorry.. what's the replacement for YSL Touche eclat? Thanks!! Tweet me too in case i miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch highlighting concealer. My original review's here: http://makeup4myage.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/review-maybelline-dream-lumi-touch.html

      Delete
  8. Wow Claire, I'd love to know what you tried to put up the first time!! Thanks for the encouragement - you know I love finding out what you've been up to each month too! :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...