11 July, 2012

EOTD: Inspired by a NOTD...

 Hello Lovelies

This EOTD was an experiment inspired by my current manicure (of all things)!  I wondered if the complimentary combination of gold and lilac would translate as well on my eyes as it did on my nails?  This was the rather bright eyed result using a lovely lilac shadow from Essence as the feature colour.  Again these pastels make me think of spring...






This look was very simple and consisted of just two eyeshadow shades and defined with a gold liner pencil.  I'd originally tried the look with a primer underneath but didn't like the too bright result so applied my colours over bare lids for a softer and easier to wear, everyday wash of colour:

L - R and swatched in the same order:
 MAC Powerpoint - Handforged
Excel - GL01
Essence - Go Glam


So, I applied:
  • Excel GL01 - on the inner thirds of my lids
  • Essence Go Glam - on the outer two thirds of the lids and blended up to the crease
  • MAC Powerpoint Pencil (Handforged) on upper and lower lash lines
  • Diorshow Mascara (090 Black) on the upper lashes only

Too easy!  Until next time.

Vita :)

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like it! Very fresh! I could see it being wintery too, though. Like a snow fairy, or something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larie, I thought it looked very fresh and bright-eyed too! It's what I'd say is a very 'me' look, so I loved wearing it :) xo

      Delete
  2. Love your EOTD's so much! Those colours work so well together, I love the way the inner part of your eye is more shimmery than the purple, such a cool effect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! It's fun experimenting with different textures in makeup - especially when it works! Roll on spring so I can wear this look :) xo

      Delete
  3. Love it Vita! Such a pretty eye look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The touch of gold as liner is great! I wish I could wear eyeliners. -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, I've had Handforged for aaaaages, so long I'm sure it's been discontinued :-/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...