22 July, 2012

Orly: Chocolate Martini

I was able to get a few more Orly minis a little while ago and here's the first one I've chosen to share with you.

Chocolate Martini is not actually chocolatey in colour as the name suggests but is more of a coppery bronze highlighted with golden flecks.  And it is utterly beautiful especially as it sparkles in the light.  I wore Chocolate Martini to work last week and, among other things, I loved the surprising versatility of it as it worked well with orange, nude and red lipsticks - not that I go around holding my hands up to my lips all the time!  I applied this in two smooth coats and had no difficulty with the little brush.  It's pretty durable too and I got through the week with only minor tip wear.

I believe this polish is only available in the mini range which doesn't bother me as a polish whore but means a backup would be required if you really love it...

Sun


Shade


Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Vita :)

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Maria :) This is even lovelier and livelier in real life! xo

      Delete
  2. What a surprising color for a chocolate! Though, perhaps the martini addition gives it more free license :) I'm definitely feeling fall here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a transseasonal A/W colour for sure! I agree with you on the name too - obviously more about a martini than chocolate. Not that I've ever seen a chocolate martini either! xo

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous shade! I nominated you for an award! http://passionforpolish.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/appreciation-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and the award :) xo

      Delete
  4. It's so coppery! Very autumn leaves, I think. Ah, fall. I really like summer once it gets here, but fall is definitely my favorite season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall is a lovely season for us too - lots of warm (not too hot) sunny days and stable weather. I remember I was a fall bride and we had the most perfect day for our wedding :) Memories....

      Delete
  5. Lovely fall shade! I'm noticing that Orly has some remarkable autumn/winter colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my little collection of Orlys - amazingly they're pretty hard to come by down here! OPI (and to a lesser extent) Essie have the salon brand market pretty well covered down here. xo

      Delete
  6. I think this is one of those shades you can't go wrong with - the sparkle/shimmer is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! It's great for this time of year and I'll always love a bit of sparkle :) xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...