09 July, 2012

NOTD: Revlon Charming with BYS Diamond Glitter Silk

This pretty mani was directly inspired by Maria of Nails Made Simple!

Maria posted a lilac and gold glitter mani a few weeks ago and I loved the combination.  I knew I had to wear something just like it so I created my version using Revlon's new lilac creme Charming with BYS Diamond Glitter Silk for the ring finger accent.  Diamond Glitter Silk is from BYS' Glam Glitter range and is a very fine white/gold glitter which opaquely covered my bare nail in two coats - very glammy without being too gritty.  Revlon's Charming was impressive too and wasn't sheer or patchy at all,  providing perfect smooth coverage in two coats.  It's a lovely soft creme but with just enough colour to make it interesting rather than pale and washed out. 

All pics were taken outdoors in cloudy conditions:




I'm still dreaming of spring!

Vita :)

14 comments:

  1. I think this lilac is absolutely gorgeous, nice combination too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria :) I'm still wearing this mani and I haven't tired of it yet! xo

      Delete
  2. I love gold and purple together, and that lilac is gorgeous, it's hard to find a good pale purple that doesn't make you look too cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charming IS a very flattering shade of lilac and I could see it working with the majority of skintones because it isn't too grey in its undertone. xo

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely lavender! I have Zoya Marley for lavender days - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larie, Lavender and lilac manage to be feminine and a little sophisticated at the same time. Glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. wow!! im so flattered that I even inspired you in one bit! the colors on you look so perfect ! i love it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shouldn't be surprised at all! I love the stuff you do! xo

      Delete
  5. What a pretty combination! And that glitter is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara-May, I love this combo so much it's been on my nails for three days (which is a record when I'm not working)! xo

      Delete
  6. There is something so gorgeous about pale purple shades - so pretty and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love them as a refreshing change from brights - it's nice to feel pretty and girly once in a while! xo

      Delete
  7. That lilac is so pretty! Don't worry, it'll be fall here soon and then your spring will come. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Liz, I'm not wishing fall on you guys! I AM looking forward to spring though cos winter came early this year :((

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...