05 July, 2012

Layering with OPI Servin' Up Sparkle

Have I put up a layering post this week?  No??  Well it's about time for one then!

I bought the Serena Williams Glam Slam duo last year and being an unapologetic purple-holic I bought the Grape...Set...Match/Servin' Up Sparkle duo.  Not sure why I've not worn it yet and here I am cracking out the glitter top coat first!  This glitter polish is a silver 'party in a bottle' combo with its combination of holo hex glitter in a sea of silver microglitter.  I applied a single coat over the magenta China Glaze Fly base.  No top coat here so the effect is rough textured rather than the glassy snow globe look...

Full sun


Indirect sunlight

Thanks for looking!

Vita :)

12 comments:

  1. Purple and bling, how can you go wrong? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the right amount of sparkle :) Really pretty combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't want to hide the base and I think one coat of SUS worked really well :) xo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Maria! I love playing around with glitter combos :) xo

      Delete
  4. You really can't go wrong with glitter...until it comes to be time to remove it, haha. I swear that discourages me from putting it on sometimes. I look at the pretty bottle, fast forward in my head to removal time, and then put on a safe cream instead :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! The removal can be challenging and that's why I find it's easier to add a single layer of glitter to an opaque base. I get a pretty effect and the removal is easier than having to remove a thick multi-layered glitter mani :) xo

      Delete
  5. Wow, this nail packs a lot of punch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dovey! It makes me think of summer (which is still so far away!) xo

      Delete
  6. I like when you can see the texture of glitter polish rather than the shine of the top coat. It gives a nicer look! (I think.) :) Love how you paired it with the China Glaze colour!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...