21 July, 2012

My first B.B. cream experience: Missha M Perfect Cover B.B. Cream

I've finally jumped on the blemish balm (B.B.) wagon and bought my first tube of B.B. cream about a month ago.  I'd been reading about the now not so new wonder makeup/skincare product for about a year and eventually caved.  I wanted to see whether all the fuss was justified - you know, all those claims about a multi-tasking balm that does everything except actually apply your base for you with its all in one moisturiser, primer, foundation and sunblock formulation!  I'm a lazy person when it comes to base so it makes sense I should try at least one of these.   Better late than never I'm telling myself...

Do not ask me why but I did my research on Wikipedia(!) and discovered the leading brands were Asian brands including Missha, Skin Food, and The Face Shop.  Not for any particular reason I've chosen to try out Missha's version first.

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream
 No. 21 (Light Beige)

According to the Missha Australia website M Perfect Cover B.B. Cream is promoted as one of Missha's "best" products.  It "...makes your skin tone clean and natural by concealing blemishes with excellent skin coverage.  It is a multi functional makeup creme with blocking UV rays, whitening and wrinkle care effects and simplifies makeup formalities.  Its moisturized application...makes sleek skin tone while supplying moisture and nutrition at the same time."  Really sounds like it does the lot, doesn't it?

Very simply the B.B. cream is applied after your basic skin care and then set with a dusting of powder.  I've only just started using this product so I haven't used it for long enough to do a full review on the whitening and wrinkle care properties but I thought I'd share my early impressions.


The cream is quite thick and rather scarily grey looking when it's first dispensed and I was a bit afraid the cream would make my skin look grey but it blended out easily and evenly with a completely natural and slightly dewy result.  It's dispensed via a pump top and I've found that one pump is ample to cover my entire face.

I'm lucky that I don't suffer with blemishes but I do have some sunspots on my cheeks I'm self conscious about and I found the B.B. cream significantly reduced their appearance without masking my skin.  It also offers good coverage for my undereye circles so I can skip the concealer there too.  I like the slightly dewy look the B.B cream worn alone gives me but I did find I needed a light dusting of powder to make it last through the day.

I've read some people have experienced reactions to the B.B. cream but I've not had any issues with clogged skin or breakouts so far and I actually found it felt rather more light textured than some other foundations on my skin.  I'm always gonna love skincare with built-in SPF too and this is SPF 42 PA +++.

To finish up here are some quick before and after shots of the cream in action.

Before:  you can see some little sun spots on the back of my hand
and the skin is quite matte and dry

After:  sunspots almost gone, and my skin looks more luminous
(but it still looks like my skin)

Have you tried B.B. cream?

Missha M Perfect Cover B.B. Cream retails for $32.90AUD.

That's all for now

Vita :)

15 comments:

  1. I tried the garnier BB cream but it was crap so I got the skin79 one from ebay and quite like it but this Missha one looks nice too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd read some pretty ordinary reviews of Garnier's BB cream and that's one reason I held back. I'm pretty happy with Missha's version so far. :)

      Delete
  2. This does look nice! I've heard great things about Missha and some others but I can never find ingredient lists so it's hard for me to try them. I'm glad you found one that works for you, though! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larie - I do have the ingredient list on the side of the box (still got the box!) so I can take a quick pic and add it to the post if you like. Just let me know if you think that will help. Otherwise let me know if there is a specific ingredient you want to know about and I'll check that out and get back to you :)

      Delete
  3. I just recently tried three different BB Creams you can buy at the store, and I wasn't very impressed with any of them. I do, however, need a lot of coverage as I have uneven skin tone, blemishes, hyperpigmentation from healed blemishes, and large pores. I do appreciate the look is more natural than medium-full coverage foundation, but it's such a change for me I think I might as well not wear anything! Maybe I should try this one from Missha instead...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can get a sample or try in store perhaps? I'd say although the product's called Perfect Cover it offers medium to full coverage and I think you'd to try it first to see if it works for you. It does cover sunspots and freckles pretty well and reduces their appearance significantly but not 100%. xo

      Delete
  4. I don't see any spots on your hand but am glad you're enjoying your first try with BBs! I still love the powder form I got in Singapore and want to restock up on those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My spots are pretty teeny but they're there anyway! Other than doing my face it was the best before/after I could come up with. I remember you raving about the powder BB and I've got that on my must try list because my preference is always going to be powder. xo

      Delete
  5. I LOVE The Face Shop's BB Cream!!! I've gotten a few samples of it from them when I've bought other things and only just got around to trying it the other day. I love, love, love it. Went to buy it and was completely put off by the $57 price tag :( But I'm thinking it may be worth it.. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow $57 is a little steep but if it works for you then I'd say you could justify it. I'm really liking my Missha version but there's a Face Shop near me in the city so I may just check that out next - just for the sake of comparison you know ;)

      Delete
  6. I found The Face Shop one on eBay for like $23 with free shipping from South Korea :D Woohooooo! It's definitely worth a comparison :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'll have to check that out :)

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried this one but I love the Skinfood Aloe Sun BB cream. Fantastic for my dry pale skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly the Asians have mastered these BB creams. I'm a pale gal too so I'll make a note of the Skinfood version as another to try.

      Delete
  8. They're bloody addictive aren't they?? I know what you mean. My first experience has me curious to try more...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...