12 July, 2012

OPI: Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It

I've been indulging my addiction to embellishment again -

I can't help myself, I'm always looking for ways to add to my manicures and my new girly layering polish from OPI seemed the perfect sugary topping for my existing lilac and gold mani (here).  Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It is the only shade I could get my hands on the other day from the Vintage Minnie Mouse collection but it is the cutest so I'm not complaining!  It's a very sheer and icy polish made up of shimmery pink micro-glitter with large paler pink heart glitters thrown in for good measure.  I did find it took a bit of finesse to apply and I'm not sure I've done it total justice here. I had to swish and twist the brush around in the bottle to capture those large glitter pieces and position them on the nail using the brush.  The polish itself is a strangely thick, almost gluey consistency, obviously to prevent the hearts from sinking to the bottom. It took a bit of getting used to when applying.

This is one coat and I do love the iridescent shimmer it gives to the lilac creme base.  Please don't look too closely at my hands. The cold weather has really dried them out and they're more shriveled than usual *applies more hand cream*.

Full sun


Shade


I promise this is the last of the lilac and gold series!

Vita :)

22 comments:

  1. I love nail polish which contains cute little hearts or stars! Your nails look really pretty and I love how you matched it up with gold polish on one nail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose! I love it because it reminds me of all the cute feminine manicures I've seen overseas in Japan and Singapore. :) xo

      Delete
  2. I love the lilac and gold series, one of the best pairings there is I think! I find large heart glitters hard to apply as well but gosh they are pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, they were fiddly but worth it for the cute factor! xo

      Delete
  3. So lovely! Where did you get your Nothin' Mousie Bout It? Online or is the Minnie Mouse collection out in David Jones? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I don't think DJ's or Petra Haircare have brought this out yet. I found my bottle at my local pharmacy, Mounts Pharmacy in Ivanhoe, Melb.

      Delete
  4. This is very girly indeed - very lovely mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty, I decided not to purchase that OPI, but mmmmm maybe I will I just feel the hearts wont stick for so long and I dont like when things dont lay flat LOL but its very pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't know how long it lasts cos it wasn't on my nails for very long, hehe :) It is very pretty though and I loved how it transformed the lilac polish underneath xo

      Delete
  6. That one is really cute, although I read that to apply it you had to do some heart fishing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yes I did have to swish the brush vigorously around the bottle to pick up the pesky little hearts. Not a good one if you're in a hurry, that's for sure, LOL! xo

      Delete
  7. This is so pretty! Love the hearts and the accent nail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hearts are so cute. I imagine they're hard to resist when you see the bottle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I felt like a little kid when I saw the Minnie Mouse polishes. All reason went out the window, LOL! xo

      Delete
  9. I LOVE the heart glitters! And I could never get sick of your gold and lilac pairings - it just works so well together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Must admit neither could I, hehe :)

      Delete
  10. it's actually the best combo I've see with this Minnie polish :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...