19 September, 2013

A bright pink lipstick swatch fest!


 You'll probably all know by now that I'm participating in and promoting Bright Pink Lipstick Day this Friday the 20th of September.  For colour obsessed me, half the fun was selecting (and swatching with Ling on YouTube) the perfect bright pink lipstick to wear and being typically indecisive I couldn't narrow it down to one so opted for five - allowing me to participate not just on Friday but for the entire week!  Well why not?  They're all so pretty to wear this time of year and somehow wearing bright pink puts me in a more fun state of mind.  After hedging for a while I think I may have just formed a new beauty addiction!

Just look at all of these lovely, BRIGHT pink lip colours all in a row.  Cheerful, yes? Definitely, I feel happy just looking at them! Statement colours? Absolutely! Far too pretty to ignore that's for sure...


The rundown from left to right:
  • Revlon (Pink Hope) - The official lipstick shade for the Bright Pink Lipstick Day campaign and a really great universal choice at that.  It's a bright but grown up shade of watermelon so you don't have to forsake sophistication to wear bright pink. I think it would also work well with most skin tones. This formula is the traditionally well pigmented Super Lustrous and feels very comfortable on my lips.  I've worn it a few times already and it will definitely go on high rotation as it's work and play appropriate.
  • Napoleon Perdis (Calypso) - This lipstick has been around in my collection for a little while now but I've only worn it a few times - the reason why is the crazy number of lipsticks in my collection and I guess also the recent neutral lip rut I was stuck in for a good few months.  This pink lipstick is more of a deep raspberry which sits somewhere between red and pink and yes it is vibrant but also a sophisticated shade.  The formula is velvety matte which also adds to the sophistication. 
  • Maybelline (Vivid Rose) - Yesss!!! One of the Maybelline Vivid lipsticks was an obvious choice for a bright pink lip as that range is not for the colour shy!  Vivid Rose is another wonderfully traffic stopping pink which leans slightly to red.  This lipstick literally glides on weightlessly yet packs on the pigment.  I have to say you can apply and almost forget you're wearing this because it feels so light and comfortable.
  • Models Prefer (Crowd Pleaser) - I've said before these ultra lip gloss pencils should be called gloss lipstick pencils because they're so pigmented and my newest addition is no different.  Crowd Pleaser is a blue toned, youthful shade of electric pink with a glossy sheen finish, something I tend to be a little wary of but I'm busting out of my comfort zone here! I still feel uncomfortable wearing this glossy pink to the office as I view it as much more a fun weekend shade.  All for a good cause right?
  • Rimmel By Kate (20) -  Ooh yeah!  Another bright blue-based pink! Another shade which I found to be confronting but I've worn this a few times recently and it's happily surprisingly flattering.  The Lasting Finish formula is another favourite of mine too - ultra creamy, semi-matte, colour true.  
Swatched in the same order as above:
(If you're interested in lip swatches check this week's posts on my IG account)
What's your ideal bright pink lipstick?
Until next time

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pinks! All the Instagram photos look gorgeous too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily!

      I'm really feeling these colours at the moment -Spring's all about bright happy colours for me :)

      Delete
  2. Maybelline Vivid Rose is my FAVE of those! It's such a great lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wearing it again reminds me how fantastic the formula is - I really love the lightness on my lips!

      Delete
  3. Love a good, hot pink lip!

    I have #20 (Rimmel) and it is HEAVEN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so pretty! I love me a good, hot pink lip, it adds instant glam!

    I'm going to be rocking either the Vivid Rose, Kate Moss by Rimmel in 106 or Rimmel Apocaliptic...I haven't decided which yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!!

      I'm so happy to hear that! Post a picture please - I want to see your final choice! xo

      Delete
  5. My favorite bright pink is NARS Carthage! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what I was thinking when I was getting this collection together? That I really need NARS Schiap because it's such a statement fuschia. Matter of fact I just 'need' a NARS lipstick - just to have the pleasure and satisfaction of owning one. I'm not immune to the raves about their lipstick line!

      Delete
  6. They're all so cheery. :)

    So I completely forgot that today was the fuchsia lipstick day but I haven't even washed my face to be honest. One of those bumming in PJs kind of days, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A PJ day sounds so appealing to me right now! I've spent most of my Saturday doing all the domestic things: grocery shopping, laundry and tidying and cleaning the house. I think I deserve a PJ day on Sunday!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...