25 September, 2013

Revlon: Whimsical

 
I remember thinking finding this nail polish in Hong Kong was a major score only to find out it had been released in Australia at around the same time! I'll just tell myself I may have paid a little less in HK so that's some consolation I suppose.
 
Whimsical has been widely swatched but why should that stop me getting in on the act?  This milky mint green polish looked so pretty in the bottle with lots of blue and rose gold hex glitter swirling around.  I'd been spoilt by the other milky glitters (only two) I'd worn so I was expecting reasonable opacity from this but I had to apply four coats over my bare nails.  For those who want a quicker fix - me included - I suggest applying a mint green polish as a base, then only one or two coats of Whimsical should be needed for probably a better, more even effect. 

To be honest I was underwhelmed by this one. I don't feel it. There, I said it.
 
Natural daylight indoors


 
Sun
 
What do you think?
 

8 comments:

  1. its gorgeous Vita ..4 coats is a struggle, the glitter polishes are gorgeous but a pain to remove ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I don't have the time or patience to do four coats on a regular basis - especially if the effect is a bit meh. Oh well. This one obviously isn't a winner for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's because the base is so sheer. It looks phenomenal in certain photos but kind of underwhelming once you apply it. I was gifted this by a friend and wanted to work up enough enthusiasm for a post but never went there. Still think it looks great here though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Liz xo
      The pictures look better on my phone so I was laughing to myself that people checking out the post on their smartphone probably wouldn't get my perspective on why it's underwhelming. It just looks washed out :p

      Delete
  4. Awwww, that's too bad! It's kind of pretty but yeah 4 coats is nuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rare I'll say that 4 coats is worth it. Here unfortunately it's not. Oh well *sigh*.

      Delete
  5. I'm not super enthused about this one, either, or the original DL polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It looks rather wishy washy on my nails. I don't like it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...