24 September, 2013

A vintage Revlon nail polish: Streetwear - Breathless


I haven't been stash diving in such a long time and was hunting through the collection for some variation of gold to wear for a night out.  Usually I'll go for a vampy shade for after dark wear but I just wasn't feeling it, you know?  In the end I surfaced with a very old Revlon polish - a bona fide vintage for those nail polish collectors out there.

I don't care to remember how long ago it was that Revlon had their Streetwear line - Man it was a long, long time ago!  I actually have two of these vintage polishes in my collection and both were just about forgotten until I dug Breathless out from the darkness. 
Breathless is a bronze-gold with a smattering of coppery micro-glitter.  The formula was pretty watery and I had to apply three coats and honestly this would take four to get the perfect coverage.  I was a little underwhelmed by it all round but weirdly enough, where I usually struggle to get a polish to look as lovely as it does in real life this little polish was very photogenic! It actually looks more interesting with the slightly gritty texture added by the micro-glitter. Very strange but anyway...

All pictures taken in cloudy conditions






Do you have any vintage nail polish in your collection?

10 comments:

  1. It's pretty pretty! So how long does polish keep for normally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy!

      Nail polish is normally only supposed to keep for a couple of years - I remember MAC actually had expiry dates stamped on the bottom of the bottles - but I've obviously proven they can keep SIGNIFICANTLY longer if kept in dark, cool conditions!

      Delete
    2. I have one that's almost 15 years old and still good. Nail polish doesn't go bad if you store it properly!

      Delete
    3. 15 years is further proof! I think the solvents are pretty good preservatives - the only issue is drying out.

      Delete
  2. I HAD A BOTTLE OF THAT BACK IN THE DAY! Hahahaha. Not this shade, but I definitely remember these bottles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God Larie! I was fearing these were released before you were born! Lol

      Delete
  3. I feel like I should remember this series but I don't. *brain fart* *getting old* LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty color. Street Wear is still sold in India as a affordable alternative compared to Revlon ..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...