30 September, 2013

Chanel: Taboo

Hello!
 
I felt like I hit the luxe nail polish jackpot when I bought this beauty at the Chanel boutique in Singapore as this is one of Chanel's latest cult colours - so says Chanel itself!  The Taboo fire glows in the bottle - the deep blackened-blue plum base is illuminated with fiery red, purple and blue and it is undeniably eye catching. 
 
The challenge was always going to be capturing this multidimensional glow on the nail.  As with so many of these finishes the promise in the bottle doesn't always translate to the nail or it does albeit a lot more subtly.  Taboo fits into the latter category. In dim light this elusive beauty appears to be straight dark plum - it is only when in full sunlight or very bright light that it sparkles and glows.  Despite the covetable colours I still have a beef with Chanel's slender brushes as they make a clean cuticle edge just that bit more difficult to achieve - and I don't have time to do a clean up! So here are my best freehand results on display in the afternoon sun...
 
 
 
 
 
Have you fallen for Taboo?
 

15 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I have fallen, it is gorgeous - and I'm so happy to have it in my collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous but kinda shy too don't you think?

      Delete
  2. I thought it wasn't all that spectacular when it arrived but now am waffling about it. It's also not an LE like everyone presumed, so there's time to debate for a bit longer. Ahhhh, freaking Chanel. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're putting it up there with Vamp etc as their latest cult shade - does that presumption turn you on or put you off? I must admit that it kind of turns me off but here I am with it anyway! :p

      Delete
    2. I don't have Vamp and don't care for it -- will instead die clutching Rouge Noir and Black Pearl, LOL! I have to judge Taboo on its own merit. It sparkled amazing under the showcase light the last time I saw it and has addled my brain.

      Delete
    3. Taboo is absolutely brilliant under bright lights!

      Delete
  3. It is pretty! I do like how it has almost every shade of purple in it. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been remiss of me to ignore a multidimensional purple!

      Delete
  4. It's gorgeous and I totally want it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it's not LE so you can get it! It annoys me more when something gorgeous is LE and then the panic starts!

      Delete
  5. I agree about the brushes. But I'm biased. DIOR ALL THE WAY. Hahahaha. I do have this one though, and like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell yeah! Those Dior brushes are amazing - one well placed stroke can cover the entire nail! Thanks for introducing me to those Larie. I know where to go for my next nail polish splurge! Lol

      Delete
  6. I think you captured this shade really well :) I did think about picking up a bottle for a minute there, but ended up withholding as it didn't feel like it should be my first Chanel shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think with Chanel you do have to love the shade because honestly their polish is pretty average otherwise. I agree - withhold until it's the nail colour to die for!

      Delete
    2. Having said that my other recent Chanel polish, Bel-Argus is to die for. I will have to share that stunning blue on the blog soon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...