01 September, 2013

Maybelline Limited Edition: Boho Gold

I received this amazing multi-chrome polish from the amazing Liz (Beauty Reductionista) a few months ago and it certainly is a treasure.

Boho Gold is a limited edition polish from Maybelline's US Fall 2012 collection so I don't imagine there's an Australian release on the way which is really a shame - fingers crossed I'm wrong!  The beautiful metallic Boho Gold has a distinct warmth to it and it is predominantly warm vintage gold which flashes bronze and green as the light hits at different angles.  It reminds me a little of Chanel's iconic Peridot but Boho Gold seems warmer to me.  Peridot is one of the few Chanel polishes I own so I'll dig it out for a definitive comparison sometime soon!

 Sun



 
Shade
  
 
 
What do you think of Peridot's warmer cousin?
 
 That's all for now!
 


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You can imagine how thrilled I was when I received it!

      Delete
  2. This does remind me a lot of Peridot! Why does the Northern Hemisphere get all the good Maybelline LE releases? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly :(

      When I googled the 2012 fall collection I sighed in disappointment because it was a good one - up there with OPI and China Glaze releases. Oh well, at least we got the recent glitters :p

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! Maybelline really did a nice job with that collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Kaki. See my comment above.

      Sometimes we miss out down here unfortunately so I'm grateful to receive this shade from the collection - I think it was the standout too!

      Delete
  4. There seems to be a lot of Peridot's cousins lately! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I have an OPI version somewhere too!

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh this is so pretty. I wish we had this here in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It clearly was meant to be because it looks fabulous on you! It's more gold and less green than Chanel Peridot but close enough. :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know my tastes only too well - thank you! xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...