06 November, 2013

Layering with China Glaze Snow Globe

Layering is a much more fun way of correcting a manicure boo-boo than just taking all the polish off and starting all over again.  It opens up all the possibilities of enhancing and contrasting with the base polish beneath.  Of course I often layer just because...
 
In my last NOTD post I mentioned the problem with my thick old top coat rumpling the finish of my Natio Teal manicure but I wasn't in the mood to start from scratch - enter Snow Globe, that amazingly icy looking glitter polish, perfect for layering over practically anything.  Yes it really does remind me of a just shaken snow globe too - it's a pretty fairy tale mix of pearly, holographic glitter of varying sizes and shapes.  I applied two coats over my manicure and the dreaded rumples disappeared beneath the pretty layers of "snow".  My photos are just not going to do this one justice but here they are anyway!

Shade




Sun


It doesn't surprise me at all that Snow Globe was part of a holiday collection - so festive!

Until next time.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you as always Saumya! I feel like I'm getting into the Christmas spirit a little early ;)

      Delete
  2. So pretty! It does look like the snowflakes in a snow globe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is about as the closest I'll get to real snowflakes too! Lol

      Delete
  3. It's pretty! I've been into glitters a lot lately. Not sure why! I'm usually a cream girl...or one of those subtle shimmers, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many lovely glitters out there - it was only a matter of time for you to find the right one for you! I've been embracing them again in a big way too!

      Delete
  4. OMG I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

    Sally Hansen has one called Snow Globe too but the shape of the flecks are completely different. I want both. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rejoicing in your renewed love for the polish!! Get both girl!!! YAY!!!!

      Delete
  5. I agree Snow Globe looks so festive. It reminds me a lot of winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very festive! I should probably try it over red or green to really get into the holiday spirit :)

      Delete
  6. Imagine snow globe over some festive colour Vita!! It would look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It's sitting there waiting for a return performance. Any excuse to wear this one again I tell you! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...