I was tagged by wonderful blogger friend Larie of Eye Heart It fame to create a look with just five products!
You know, I thought this would be easy but then I realized - Hang on! - I need to show this face, it's not just me heading out to the post box so I do need to look presentable. I'm pretty minimalist on weekends but even without doing the mental arithmetic I'm sure it would normally involve (slightly) more than five. Never let it be said that I back away from a beauty blogger challenge though. Let's get into it!
I'll tackle the products in the order I'd use them, which is my own slightly non-conformist order: eyes, base, cheeks then finally lips. I've adopted the habit of doing my eyes first so I can deal with any fallout without needing to reapply base products.
- The easiest way for me accentuate my eyes is with a "standalone" eye shadow swept over the lids, so for a natural but slightly shimmery option I chose Maybelline Silken Taupe to give my eyes some light and depth. (Click here for my other standalone eyeshadow picks.)
- After that I decided some serious lashes were in order so I picked Benefit They're Real! I've only recently started using this much raved about mascara and it does a great job of thickening lashes without clumping. That's it - eyes are done!
- I simply can't go without concealer so that was always going to be one my five products. Without the option of using primer I opted for my concealer to work even harder than usual as a multi-tasker. I applied Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer not just to cover my under eye circles, but also down the bridge and sides of my nose, and the middle of my forehead to act as a brightener and "primer".
- If I wear cream or liquid base I also need a powder to finish over the top so I opted for mineral powder foundation Nude By Nature for matte coverage and eliminate the extra step. I find this mineral foundation does need a primer to make it last, particularly on oilier parts of the face such as the nose, so that's why the concealer beneath!
- Finally I chose Becca Watermelon Beach Tint for my lips and cheeks to complete the natural look I was aiming for. Just to make sure the tint stayed in place on my cheeks I applied it first underneath then again over my powder foundation.
So that's the list. And this is the subtle result:
Feel free to play this tag - just link back and let me know what your five-product face looks like!
Until next time.