10 June, 2014

REVIEW: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick

My makeup loving little heart always beats just that bit faster whenever there's a new release, especially when it involves something particularly colourful like lipstick or nail polish!  This time it's all about lipstick because Rimmel have recently launched their Moisture Renew lipstick line in Australia.  From my experience Rimmel have been very consistent when it comes to the quality of their lipsticks and I've said before that they're probably my favourite drugstore lipstick choice. So, my expectations were set reasonably high then...
 
The lipstick shades I'm reviewing here are Piccadilly Pink (soft medium pink) and In Love With Ginger (hot orange red):

Rimmel says their Moisture Renew lipsticks deliver "...maximised, radiant colour. Innovative formula with 3 super Moisturisers" so "lips feel up to 70% more hydrated and up to 60% smoother!" They are enriched with Vitamins A, C and E contain SPF 20 to protect lips from the elements.  (Click here for more information and full ingredients listing.)


My impressions: 
I honestly feel that Rimmel have delivered again with their new line because the Moisture Renew lipsticks are beautifully richly pigmented and feel super comfortable and moisturising on my lips.  The colour payoff is all there in one buttery smooth swipe - Rimmel never skimp on their pigmentation and this is no different as you can see in the swatches below:

L - R:  Piccadilly Pink, In Love With Ginger

Because of the moisturising formula the wear time is around 2 to 3 hours (or after a cup of coffee) before a touch up is required.  I did notice a subtle difference in the formula of the two shades I tested:  In Love With Ginger does have a little more 'slip' than Piccadilly Pink on my lips and it doesn't hold quite as fast although that's not a deal breaker because of the way these lipsticks look and feel - imparting just the right amount of shine and they feel every bit as smooth as a moisturising balm.  Not bad at all for a drugstore lipstick and the feel is reminiscent of some of the more expensive brands out there.  At $13.95 I think these are very good value even for a drugstore lipstick.  Now for some lip swatches i.e. the fun part for me!

Piccadilly Pink

In Love With Ginger

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks are available from:
 Priceline, Priceline Pharmacy, Big W, Woolworths, Coles, Chemist Warehouse, My Chemist,
Target and Kmart and various Independent Pharmacies.


What do you think of these new lipsticks?


(This product was provided for my consideration.  All comments and opinions are my own.)


18 comments:

  1. I love the look of these so much!
    I won one of the Ginger and loooove it but now, thanks to you, will be looking at Piccadilly Pink next time I'm in Priceline - the fuchsia reddish shade with Victoria in the name looks stunning also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the fuchsia shade you're talking about - As You Want Victoria - that looks amazing too!

      Delete
  2. both are amazing on you ... i like the first one a bit better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Divna :)

      The pink is probably my favourite of the too also because it's a lovely every day shade!

      Delete
  3. Both shades look incredible on you! I love the formulation of these but I just can't love them as much as a good matte bold lip haha.

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! xo

      I love a good matte lip too but I find I need something more moisturising in winter and this kind of formula suits me really well for those dry lip days :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh, they look beautiful. Don't you just love a fresh new tube of lipstick? I haven't tried Rimmel lipsticks though - just haven't felt the inclination although I was tempted a few times by the Kate Moss line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Kate Moss lippies are definitely worth a look at too because they are superbly pigmented for drugstore stuff - I have a few reds from the By Kate line and they are amazing! :)

      Delete
  5. I need to try these. I kind of dismissed them when I saw them pop up in Priceline but I think I'll have to take a second look. They look so pretty on you! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie xo

      Have a swatch next time and see what you think! There are some wonderful vibrant pinks, reds and plums worth checking out :)

      Delete
  6. Both are stunning on you, Vita! I especially love that orange-red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know all about my weakness for orange-red and this one is a stunner for sure!

      Delete
  7. Both look SO PRETTY and gorgeous on you!!! You can wear both cool and warm so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have these two and 'As You Want Victoria' as well - these two shades look lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As You Want Victoria would definitely be my next pick from the shade list too! Plus a few more if I could, lol!

      Delete
  9. I think Blogger swallowed my comment:
    Do the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks still smell sickly sweet? Like little kid candy?
    Last year I found one I wanted to use as a cream blush. It was pretty on my cheeks, but I couldn't get over the smell. >__<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone else said their comment disappeared too so I think Blogger has been hungry and swallowing a few comments lately! In answer to your question the lippies do smell sweet - not something I personally mind on my lips but I think it would be more noticeable on the cheeks. BTW I just sent you a DM on Twitter xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...