Ah the irony - another unattractive pile of empty products I've used in my mission to make myself more beautiful...
81) Maybelline Makeup Remover Eye & Lip (70ml/2.4 fl. oz.) - Maybelline have gone and repackaged and reformulated again and have reverted to the blue and clear dual-phase liquid. It does a perfectly gentle job of removing my eye makeup, and even if it's not quite as effective as Lancôme Bifacil (which I keep saying is too expensive) I'll be buying another bottle soon because it's a handy size for travel and it's cheap!
82) Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes (30 towelettes) - Damn, I'm getting a bit bored of these now but I still have a few packs to go. One really annoying thing was a packaging fail: the resealable lid came away from the pack so that makes me reluctant to take these away on my upcoming trip.
83) Pond's Flawless White Lightening Day Cream (50g) - This was the biggest disappointment of the year because I NEVER GOT TO USE IT. The expiry date is February 2015 but the cream had separated into a solid mass surrounded by watery liquid. I gave it one valiant, stupid try but realized applying this grainy stuff was a risky prospect so washed it off and tossed the jar into my empties bag. I don't have a sales receipt to exchange the product and after that experience I don't want to repurchase it.
84) & 85) La Clinica White Brilliant Intensive Correction Hydrating Day Cream (50ml/1.76 fl. oz. and 10ml sample size)* - I've used this day cream as part of the White Brilliant routine and it penetrates quickly, making my sleepy skin look just that little bit more radiant in the morning. My pigmentation which is still my primary skin concern hasn't deteriorated so that's comforting. Of course I wish I could completely eliminate my pigmentation but I'm not at the point of resorting to Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatments just yet and anything that keeps me away from that point is a good thing.
Hand and body care
86) OPI Expert Touch Lacquer Remover (120ml/4 fl.oz) - My seventh bottle and counting. I couldn't get a full size bottle recently so I've resorted to a tiny travel size. That tells you (and me) what I think about this remover.
87) MOR Snow Gardenia Hand & Body Wash (500ml) - This bottle moved from the shower to the hand basin after a while only because it's so big and my caddy was getting crowded! A very heady floral scent, luxuriant in lather, and lasted an eternity so I enjoyed it both for showering and for washing my hands. MOR never skimp on their fragrances and this is no exception.
88) Crabtree & Evelyn Avocado, Olive & Basil Hand Therapy (25g/0.9 oz. travel size) - A beautifully "green" scent and one of my many C & E hand creams. I'll tell you again why I'm a fan: these hand creams are rich in scent, rich in moisture without being greasy, and gentle on my sensitive skin.
This will be my last beauty diet update before I head off for my Japan-Hawaii trip next week! Sophie, Anissa, Norlin are planning to continue for the rest of the year so I may well be resuming when I get back. I've been a little obsessed with makeup decluttering and downsizing YouTube videos lately so my attitude to makeup shopping is changing - maybe?
89) L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Powder (Medium Skin) - This is the month for fails it seems because this was another packaging fail. Cosmetic companies please take note: Clear plastic packaging just doesn't stand up to everyday wear and tear because it's just too brittle! I can't carry a powder pan in my makeup bag once the lid has broken off now can I? Getting off that particular soapbox the powder itself offered less coverage than I've come to expect from a bb powder and it didn't work well for mattifying either so I won't be repurchasing.
90) MAC Cremesheen Lipstick (Modesty) - A great mauve-nude MLBB lipstick with a creamy, glossy finish. Love.
91) Wet n Wild Coloricon Trio (Walking On Eggshells) - The perfect palette for everyday with its combination of ivory, warm pink and golden brown shades. I'm not feeling too sad this time because I have a backup!
91) Tom Ford Rive D'Ambre EDP (1.5ml) - Weirdly enough this came in a Plum Japonais holder so I was almost disappointed until I smelled the rather crisp, zesty fragrance. A lighter, easier to wear daytime fragrance from the TF wardrobe and I wasn't at all surprised to read this is unisex. Notes are: citruses, amber, bergamot, lemon, bitter orange, tarragon, mint, cardamom, cognac and tolu balsam.
So that's it for another episode of empties!
(Products marked * were provided for my consideration. All comments and opinions are my own.)