15 June, 2016

Natio Bloom Eyeshadow Palette (swatches and review)

Well, hello yet again!

 I'm back from my unannounced blogging holiday and *hangs head* this post was sitting in rough draft form for 2 long months. I was toying with what to do but as I'd promised it on Instagram all that time ago I decided to honour that promise so I've finished it and here it is...

My eye shadow palettes have been multiplying like mushrooms in my collection lately - let's face it, isn't every brand bringing out new palettes? Anyway, I wasn't planning on buying any more leading up to my recent trip to Japan.  Yes, I went there again but that's not what this post is about.  This post is about my palette addiction apparently.  Regardless of my good intentions of restraint when I saw the new limited edition Bloom palette from Australian brand Natio's Naturally You collection I got a little irrationally excited, especially because I had enough loyalty points saved up at my local drugstore to score it for free...


Had I bought it, it would have cost me all of $19.95 which is still extremely affordable for a 12-pan palette of eye shadows...and the Bloom palette is full of dusty rose shades that remind me of a palette - which shall remain nameless - which is just a little more expensive, if you know what I'm talking about? Yes I'm winking at Urban Decay right now! So I was easily able to justify this little "gift" to myself without too much agonizing at all.

Okay, so for a 20 dollar-ish palette this is a very pretty and sturdily packaged affair, in a clear but quite weighty plastic case that lets you see all the shades at a glance.  The double-ended applicator included in the palette is something that I'd only use in case of an emergency and there's no mirror - but it's just under $20 so I'd forgive those little things because it's ultimately all about the shadow itself for me.

Onto the swatches in a little bit where you'll see that the pigmentation varies according to the depth of the shades.  The lighter shades are the sheerest on the skin but the intensity of pigment builds up as the shades get to the deeper, plummier end of the palette.  I found there to be a good mix of mattes and shimmers throughout, with a single sparkly shade - a light pink which turned out to be my least favourite.  I tried using it as an eye shadow topper but it resulted in quite a bit of sparkly fallout on the tops of my cheeks.

Other than that one pesky shade, overall I've been enjoying this palette.  The shimmery shades have just enough shimmer to impart a bit of glow to the lids but aren't OTT crazy so they're all daytime appropriate.  The shadows all blend out well, compliment each other, and the range is broad enough to do everything from a pink pastel lid to a deep plum smokey eye.  Wear time is pretty good too as they last all day on my eyes without fading.

The shadows are swatched on the back of my hand:












Anyway I apologise for the extreme lateness of this review but if you're interested I have seen the Natio Bloom palette on sale for $14.96 at the Myer website here. Yes, you can still snap this up if you're quick!


Ingredients:
Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyisobutene, Synthetic Wax, Phenoxyethanol / Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Tin Oxide. May contain: CI 77019, CI 77891, CI 77266, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492.

Cruelty Free: Yes 
Vegan: Yes
Certified Organic: Yes



Until next time!


(This product was purchased by me)

3 comments:

  1. The swatches look better than I had anticipated! I love a good palette, but since I have the wink wink UD palette you mentioned, I am okay to pass on this one ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh this is so lovely. I have so many similar to this one though xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I thought about when I saw the swatches was a certain resemblance to a certain UD palette! :P

    I love the swatches on you...it really flatters your skin!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...