15 March, 2012

Spring lips in Autumn...

What the heck is going on here?  We're officially in Autumn down here in Melbourne and now I'm wearing spring blossom colours.  Perhaps it was being under the influence while wearing the Japanese pastel polishes but I just couldn't get enough of soft pink and mauve lip colours last week.

Now I think I understand why it's taking me forever to finish 5 lipsticks.  I'm such a lip colour whore!  I've been trying to concentrate on only wearing the 5 colours I nominated to complete my lipstick ban (here)  but I got bored and veered way off track, delving into my stash for something completely different and out of kilter with the season to boot.  It's nothing shocking in the context of the greater universe but I still feel as if I've been rebellious.


Sportsgirl - Pout About It! lip colour
(Beauty Queen)
I bought this lipstick (my first) from Sportsgirl last year and it sat in its wrapper until last week.  Beauty Queen is a creme finish lipstick and feels buttery on my lips. This slightly plasticky scented lipstick goes on with a bit of sheen but this wears away after a while to a semi-matte finish. The soft baby pink shade is probably as light as I'd dare to go on my lips without washing me out.  I loved wearing it with a greyed-out purple smokey eye.  Beauty Queen is still in Sportgirl's lipstick line - I think?!


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick
(453 Pinkerbelle)
I've always loved blue-toned pinks and mauves on my lips so Pinkerbelle is a 'me' lipstick shade.  It's a mid-toned pink with a slight blue undertone - you know, one of those shades that makes your teeth look whiter.  I bought it a few years from a chemist discount bin.  I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued which is disappointing because it's a really flattering shade worn alone on my lips and also looks fabulous topped with a mauve gloss like...


Kit Lip Gloss
(Fully Loving It)
Just look at how thick that lip gloss is oozing from the tube!  It successfully balances the level of thickness, wetness and pigmentation.  It feels substantial on the lips but not at all sticky.  I wore this mauve shade on its own and over the top of Pinkerbelle.  It's the only Kit lip gloss I have but now I've rediscovered it I've added it to my handbag as my 'go to' MLBB lip gloss.


The swatches:

L - R:
Beauty Queen, Pinkerbelle, Fully Loving It

Have you ever rebelled against the season with your makeup?


Until next time.

Vita :)

6 comments:

  1. very nice, I want Pinkerbell now ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are so pretty and make good year-round lip colours, not just spring. They'd go well with smokey brown autumn eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...And that's exactly how I've been wearing them Liz! I guess you're right. I've reworked it for the season without realizing. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Pinkerbelle is gorg Saumya and so easy to wear!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...