04 January, 2015

Maybelline Color Sensational Bleached Neons: Coral Heat

Welcome to 2015 everyone!
 
Before I do my final 2014 empties post I'm squeezing in a very quick, very summery nail polish from Maybelline's recently released Bleached Neons collection.  I was fooled by this polish - not really taking the 'neon' hint obviously - because I thought it looked more like a pastel and I even thought it might actually be subdued? Hah!! Who was I kidding?
 
A name like Coral Heat is meant to be taken seriously because, yup, this is a rather glowingly neon pink-orange shade.  Yes it's light but it's still kind of bright. This isn't quite the scarily vivid orange worn on safety gear but not too far off it either - I felt a bit conspicuous wearing Coral Heat around the office, and half expected it to glow in the dark too.  No, of course it didn't glow in the dark but this polish really contrasted with my skin and gave me an instant 'tan'.
 
Application-wise this went on like a dream too!
 
All pictures taken in indirect daylight:
 
 
 
It's very summer holiday appropriate though, don't you think?
 
 


10 comments:

  1. I lOVE shades like this! That is so striking! I know what you mean - almost seems like it should glow, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was really surprised by this one - would be perfect for a beach holiday pedicure though!

      Delete
  2. This sort of shade is my nightmare but it looks amazing on right skin tones like yours. Enjoy that lovely summer weather. I'm trapped in snow all week apparently, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG snow!!! Sometimes I do muse over actually preferring the cold weather over the extreme heat we can get down here - I figure you can just add extra layers of clothes!!!

      Delete
  3. Its a beautiful shade Vita, looks lovely on you. Happy NEw YEar !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun one! A very happy new year to you too Saumya and thank you so much for your support and loyalty over the years - it is much appreciated! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Such a fun color!! I love neons. I just painted my nails bright coral today as I find it helps in the midst of chilly drab weather to perk up one's spirits, though thankfully we don't have snow in Atlanta. We don't know what to do with ourselves when it snows, lol! Your post has me dreaming of summer! I actually tried to track these Bleached Neons down last summer when they debuted here, but I never was able to find them in stores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your mani on IG today and love it! - Trout Pout is one of Butter London's more popular shades! Summer is crazy down here in Melbourne because the temperature can vary by up to 20 degrees Celsius from one day to next so one day you're turning up the heating then the next you're stripping off and sucking on ice! Lol

      Delete
  5. Ohh this is sooo pretty! it seems like it would suit a lot of skin tones too, since it's not too pink or orange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sits perfectly in between the two colours so it's a bit more versatile than a true pink or orange and was my one pick from the Bleached Neons range. These are still available at Priceline et al too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...