Are you ready for my final 2014 empties post? Seeing as I was in the mood for summing up the year I've included yearly tallies at the end of the post too - I wanted to know what things I got through the most and see if there were any surprises...
132) Renew You Q10 & Hyaluronic Acid Intense Hydration Hydrogel Masque (1 treatment) - This is the most unusual sheet mask I've tried because it's a 2-piece mask, and rather than tissue or cloth it's a slippery, rubbery gel-like mask which I actually found a little claustrophobic on my face. I could feel the slight tingle of acids working their magic on my skin and my skin definitely felt smoother after one treatment. Truth be told though - because I found the experience more claustrophobic than relaxing I won't be buying this particular sheet mask again.
133) Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes (30 towelettes) - Forgive me but I still have two more packs of these to finish. Not bad but nowhere near the HG of cleansing clothes. I'm actually starting to wean myself off the habit so it's probably going to be a while before I finish them.
134) Chu Lip Balm (Tokyo Mode Night) - You probably think I ate this because I got through it so quickly! This Japanese lip balm wins on cute packaging alone but the honey, lemon tea and bergamot scent was very appealing to me also. This balm was not at all waxy and melted onto the lips so it wasn't a surprise I finished it in under two months. Still, I wish I'd bought more of the six scents/flavours to try and I wouldn't need my arm twisted too hard to order some online from the Japan Trend Shop! (Sorry Liz I forgot to draw on the eyes and nose for this shot :p)
135) Face of Australia Gentle Make-up Remover (125ml/4.23 fl.oz) - I'm onto another backup of this gentle remover which takes off waterproof eye makeup and more recently it's passed the test on long-lasting lip colours too.
Hand and body care
136) Bath & BodyWorks Warm Vanilla Sugar Shea & Vitamin E Shower Gel (3 fl.oz/88 ml) - I am literally KICKING myself for not loading up my luggage (or at least buying the full size) of this cosy scented shower gel when I was in Hawaii. This shower gel foams up so well it's like taking a standing up bubble bath and leaves my skin delicately scented and moisturised - Gimme more! Thanks again Liz for introducing me to this delicious scent!
137) Natio Wellness Body Scrub (450g/15.8oz) - I enjoy this scrub in a tub. See a more detailed review here.
138) Natio Meditate Body Butter (Yoga Scent Narcissus Attar 100g/3.5oz) - Scented with Narcissus Jonquilla Flower oil, this body butter smelt heavenly but is unfortunately discontinued.
139) Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Concentrated Cream (30g/1.1oz) - I'd actually packed this for my overseas trip a few months ago but a little goes a long way so it made its way back home again. A little squeeze of the tube is all that's needed to get enough of this rich cream to deeply moisturise my elbows or feet and it absorbs in seconds.
140) Palmer's Anti-Aging Smoothing Lotion 250ml/8.5 fl.oz)* - This is one of my favourite body lotions because it exfoliates and smooths the keratosis on my skin in addition to moisturising. I have quite a stash of body moisturisers to get through at the moment but this will be at the top of my repurchase list.
140) OPI Expert Touch Lacquer Remover (120ml/4 fl.oz) - Surprise! Surprise! NOT! Another empty bottle of OPI remover to add to the tally.
141) Models Prefer BB Pressed Powder (Light/Medium) - One of the disappointments for the year. Despite its claims this BB powder offered very minimal coverage when worn alone and I resorted to using it as a finishing powder although it wasn't great at mattifying either. Will. Not. Repurchase.
142) Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire EDT (1 ml/.03 oz. sample) - This sweet fragrance does smell PRETTY and youthful, perfect for the wearer of a cute little black dress like that illustrated on the vial. I did enjoy it though and remain hopeful that it's not too young for me just yet! Top notes are black cherry, bergamot, red berries and almond. Mid notes are Bulgarian and Turkish roses, licorice and smoked black tea. Aniseed, tonka bean, vanilla, iris and patchouli form the base.
143) Witchery Fresh Blossom rollerball (12ml/0.4 fl.oz) - Australian fashion brand Witchery describe this as "sensuous and uncomplicated" and l liked the slightly syrupy citrusy scent for everyday wear - don't laugh but it reminds me of orange syrup cake! Still it's very subtle and soft, and unlikely to offend anyone. I bought this fragrance from a warehouse store and can't find anything online about it so I'm sure it's been discontinued.
So THAT comes to a grand total of 143 products emptied for the year comprising of the following sorted by category. Keep reading if you're into the numbers...
- 10 packs of cleansing wipes (this will not continue on the same scale!)
- 7 full sized (and 1 travel size) makeup removers
- 4 sheet masks
- 3 full sized (and 1 travel size) day creams
- 3 lip treatments/balms
- 2 full sized (and 4 travel sized) facial cleansers
- 2 full sized (and 1 travel size) serums
- 2 peel off mask sachets
- 1 full size (and 2 travel sized) night cream
- 1 facial scrub
- 1 cleansing (micellar) water
- 1 face mask tube
- 1 papaw ointment tube
- 2 sample tubes eye cream
Hand and body care:
- 11 nail polish removers
- 9 hand creams
- 6 body butters
- 5 body scrubs
- 4 full sized (and 1 travel sized) body washes
- 3 full sized (and 2 travel sized) body lotions
- 3 hand washes
- 1 foot cream
- 1 nail polish top coat
- 1 body exfoliating towelette
- 6 lipsticks
- 6 tubes of mascara
- 5 lip glosses
- 3 concealers
- 2 BB powders
- 1 full sized (and 2 travel sized) eye primers
- 1 eye shadow palette
- 1 eye shadow single
- 1 eyeliner pencil
- 1 mineral foundation
- 1 powder blush
- 1 pressed powder
- 1 primer
(I also culled 6 additional lipsticks, an eye shadow palette, mascara and tinted sunscreen although these did not count towards the empties tally. I hope for much more culling this year!)
- 1 full sized (and 1 travel sized) shampoo
- 1 full sized (and 1 travel sized) conditioner
- 1 volumizing spray
(Haircare was the least accurate category of all as I only counted shampoos and conditioners I reviewed last year. I don't know if you guys are interested in my usual shampooing routine in 2015??)
- 5 full sized bottles
- 9 sample vials
And OMG that was the FULL story for 2014!
(Products marked * were provided for my consideration. All comments and opinions are my own.)