My bag of empties was bulging this past month as I finished a lot of rather large items in quick succession. Big empty containers take up a lot of space so I'm in a hurry to get these reviews out of the way to make room for the new batch!
11) Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (400ml) - After being rather underwhelmed initially, I've now made my peace with cleansing water and have decided that I do enjoy it especially when there are more affordable options around like this Garnier version. I still use a specific eye makeup remover for my eye makeup but I love using this as a refreshing method for cleansing the rest of my face. I am already onto my second bottle!
Hand and body care
12) SODA & Co Orange Splash Sugar Scrub (225g)* - I still say these are the scrubbiest scrubs ever and I really enjoyed this scent. The only thing is if I'd used it every day as the jar suggests I would have used it up in about a week! Read here for my full review.
13) L'Occitane Verbena Shower Gel (75ml/2.5fl.oz) - Such a refreshing unisex scent and the perfect shower gel selection for summer because of its citrusy zing courtesy of verbena, lemon oil and grapefruit extract. I'll be buying a full size some time in the future.
14) I Love...Coconut & Cream Bubble Bath & Shower Crème (500ml) - I used this huge bottle solely for showers and it made me feel like I was taking a standing up bubble bath anyway so I really enjoyed it! The coconut scent is deliciously summery too and the formula is soap and paraben free, cleansing without stripping my skin. Best of all this massive bottle was only $6AUD so I can also see another bottle of this in my future.
15) OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener - My go to nail base. A bottle lasts a year on average so I don't mind the initial spend. Just to mix it up (actually by accidentally picking the wrong bottle in store!) I'm currently using the formula for peeling nails so I'll be interested to see if my years of loyalty can be swayed.
16) OPI Expert Touch Lacquer Remover (120ml/4 fl.oz) - My go to nail polish remover. I won't bore you with repeated details. As you know this will pop up again and again.
17) Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy (25g/0.9 oz) - Yet another summery choice, this time in the form of a "sea air" fragrance. I love those C & E hand creams! The only thing I can criticise is the metal tube which can and did split at the sides on this occasion.
I've decided to include all of my hair care empties this year for those who are interested in what I use on my fine, coloured tresses. If not feel free to skip to the cosmetics section below!
18) Cedel Extra Firm Hairspray (40g travel size) - This would hold hair in a hurricane! It was a bit too rigid for me because I prefer movement in my hair so I won't be buying this again.
19) John Frieda Luxurious Volume Touchably Full Conditioner (8.45fl.oz/250ml) - I've been pairing this with another branded blonde shampoo and it does a reliable job of detangling and conditioning my hair without weighing it down. If only it was scented like JF's Full Repair line it would be perfect.
20) blinc Mascara Amplified (Black)* - This was my first experience using a tubing mascara and it's the one water resistant mascara I can be confident will hold up through strenuous activity and then 100% remove without any next day panda eyes. See my full review here.
21) Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (Juicy Papaya) - I have a love-hate relationship with these lip butters. The colours are great, the balm moisturising, but the colour of this migrated to the edges of my lips.
22) Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio For Green Eyes (Purple) - Great longwearing dark purple liner in a twist up pencil. I would certainly buy this again if only I could buy this shade individually rather than part of a trio - I've yet to use the other two shades so...
Rimmel Glam'Eyes Mono Eye Shadow (180 Gold Rush) - See all the glittery particle fallout? This annoyingly kicked up shimmery dust everywhere but didn't have much payoff on my actual lids. Bye bye!
So until the next round of empties. There's four in the March bag already!