12 August, 2015

July's farewelled products


Oops, I'm just a little late with last month's empties so I'll get straight into it...


Skin care

78) Garnier 2in1 Express Eye-Makeup Remover (125ml) - This works just as well as any biphase makeup remover and I'm partial to purple so the purple tinted solution did win me over! Did it strengthen my lashes? I don't really know.


Hand and body care

79) Lemongrass & Ginger Aromabotanical Hand Soap (300ml/10fl.oz) - I really enjoyed the zesty freshness of this hand soap and the generous sized bottle lasted quite a while too.

80) Salus Eucalyptus & Rosemary Purifying Body Scrub (250ml/8.46oz) - This gel scrub smells strongly of eucalyptus but I personally find that scent very invigorating so it was a pleasure to use. Bamboo and pumice granules did an excellent job of exfoliating my skin without too much vigorous rubbing, and aloe soothed and moisturised my skin. In short - excellent spa quality stuff that I can see myself repurchasing in future!


81) The Body Shop Body Butter Duo (Sweet Pea) - This has been discontinued so I won't get into it too much. The sweet pea scent was subtle and not too distracting. On the minus side the supposedly lighter formula 'normal skin areas' formula took much longer to absorb than the 'dry skin areas'.


82) L'Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream (30ml) - If you're a regular visitor here you may have seen this before.  This is simply one of my favourite extra-emollient hand creams that I particularly favour in the cooler months when my hands need extra TLC.


Hair care

83) Original Mineral Conquer Blonde Silver Shampoo (250ml/8.4fl.oz) - I've already bought another bottle of this purple shampoo because:  it keeps brassiness under control in my (back to) blonde hair;  it's the same brand my hairdresser uses;  it's free from parabens and other nasties;  and it's not tested on animals.

84) Original Mineral Fine Intellect Conditioner (350ml/11.8fl.oz) - I've repurchased this too because it boosts my fine hair and for all the other reasons I've listed above.



85) Marc Anthony Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Deep Nourishing Conditioning Treatment (50ml/1.69fl.oz)* - I got 5 or 6 uses out of this sachet on my short-medium hair for weekly in-shower hair treatments.  I loved the coconut scent and my hair was deeply conditioned without being weighed down.


Cosmetics

86) Savvy By DB Concealer (Light)* - This concealer did a great job of covering up blemishes although the light shade was not really light enough to brighten the under eye area which is the area I mostly use concealer for.


Fragrance

87) Tom Ford Velvet Orchid EDP (.05fl.oz/1.5ml) - A typically heavy, noirish, complex TF fragrance although perhaps just a little smoother than Black Orchid?  Top notes: bergamot, mandarin, Succan absolute (purified rum extract) and honey. Middle notes: an imaginary accord of black orchid blended with notes of velvet orchid, which gives the perfume its name; Turkish rose oil, jasmine and a new accord of purple orchid that grows in the wilds of southern Brazilian coast, orange blossom, rose absolute, narcissus, hyacinth and heliotrope. Base notes:  Peru balsam, myrrh, labdanum, sandalwood, suede and vanilla.

88) Penhaligon's of London Peoneve EDP (.05fl.oz/1.5ml) - I adored this fresh, natural spring floral scent and took to liberally dousing myself with the small vial.  It's not complicated, just pretty, as demonstrated by the simplicity of the notes.  Top note is violet leaf; middle notes are jasmine, rose and peony; base notes are vetiver, musk and cashmeran.


And behold the month's samples...

So there you have it until another month flies by!


(Products marked * were provided for my consideration.  All comments and opinions are my own.)

10 comments:

  1. Impressive!! I love reading empties posts! I think Ive owned that Savvy concealer before ..I feel it smelt funny? Im pretty sure I chucked it out for that reason lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember the smell but it was just a little too dark for me, other than that it wasn't half bad! Pretty good coverage for a budget product!

      Delete
  2. I really wanna try the garnier makeup remover only for the packaging and how it looks. I love the original garnier biphase one, but may be will pick this next. But I am such a hoarder I have two unopened backups in my stash :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I was suckered in by the purple packaging too! It's good stuff though so it's worth considering when you get through your backlog :-)

      Delete
  3. Another wonderful month of empties, well done! So many samples - more than me, even though I'm doing an actual sample challenge right now! Gah!
    Sucks about that Body Butter duo, though it makes sense why it would have been discontinued now. I need to rustle through my stash and bring out some hand creams, I have a dry patch on my finger and it's driving me insane this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've slowed down the sample destashing lately and that's even after packing the lot for my trip! I think I went into vacation mode with everything including skincare *tsk tsk*! Tell me about dry patches! My hands get particularly bad this time of year so the hand cream application increases exponentially!

      Delete
  4. Great round of empties as usual. I plan on finishing my sample of TF VO in the winter as well. If my no-buy until January goes well, I may even contemplate a full bottle of TF something or rather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a winter scent - so warm and heady! I find I go on and off TF fragrances and lately, weirdly, I'm in an off phase :p

      Delete
  5. Good job on your empty slashing, LOL! L'Occitane hand cream was one of the first super emollient hand creams I ever tried and it remains one of the best. The scent is also so soothing! I gravitate toward purple products, too! That coconut hair conditioner sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cream is so scrumptiously - I don't know if that makes sense? - GOOD!! I love the stuff and bought a full-sized backup not long ago!!! Every winter without fail I turn to it as the HG of hand creams!

      Glad to know there are a few of us who get seduced by purple!! :-))

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...