08 August, 2015

OPI: I Don't Give A Rotterdam

I'm so over the Melbourne weather at the moment - grey and cold, cold and grey, and so it goes on repeat...

Today's blue-grey nail swatch is loosely in keeping with the weather although it's by no means a depressing or drab manicure shade.  OPI released I Don't Give A Rotterdam in their Spring 2012 Holland collection so that should speak for itself! OPI describe IDGAR as a "sassy steel-blue shimmer" and I'd describe it as all kinds of lovely - the shimmer is a light gold fleck that lifts the blue-grey water colour polish into something a bit more - for want of a better, more original term - pretty, I guess.  It makes me think of lightweight pastel knitted sweaters and all other things early spring.  The formula was sheerer and more watery than what I'm used to with OPI so I needed three coats for full effect.  It was totally worth the effort though - I adored wearing this manicure last week...

All pictures taken in indirect daylight:



Until next time!

12 comments:

  1. That is GORGEOUS!!!! What a beautiful grey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this one is a stunner!!! A keeper in my ridiculously sized collection for sure!

      Delete
  2. I think grey polish is my favourite shade. This one is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unique! I think you'd love this one Tracy :-)

      Delete
  3. Totally, totally gorgeous! I don't have good gray polishes...I need to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Then you definitely have room in your collection for this one!!!

      Delete
  4. I am glad we got to see this polish because of the weather, its a beautiful grey, Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how it works for winter and spring! I'd always think of grey as a traditionally wintry colour but this is a feminine version.

      Delete
  5. I have this and love it! Unfortunately it doesn't get as much wear due to the polish hoarding but it does look like the perfect cool, rainy day polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hearing you! I need another lifetime to get through my stash or start changing my polish every day - if only I weren't so lazy about these things!

      Delete
  6. That is such a gorgeous shade, the shimmer is so well done in it too which I love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very tasteful shimmer for sure - I AM KEEPING IT!!! Lol!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...