03 October, 2012

My weekend face (Spring 2012)



On weekends I still enjoy wearing makeup -  I always enjoy wearing at least some makeup -  but away from the harsh office lighting I endure during the week, once the weekend arrives and I'm free (yay!), I pare it back to basics.  Normally that means a neutral palette of nude and beige, but now that spring has well and truly sprung I'm moving away from pure neutrals and embracing soft and pretty pinks, peaches and greens to introduce a bit of no fuss colour.  It's still simple, still looks like me but it's a prettier, fresher springier version of me.  I guess it's my spring blossom palette if you like!

These are the colours I've been loving lately - I'm embracing my inner girly again!

Eyes

MAC Duck Powerpoint Eye Pencil - I've blogged about this eyeliner pencil many times.  It's a soft grey-brown which softly accentuates my eyes without screaming 'eyeliner'!

MAC Vex (frost) - This eyeshadow looks grey in the pan right? Wrong! This pretty little gem is a silvery green with pink duochrome.  I love wearing Vex solo as the complexity of this shade makes it look like I've made a little more effort. It contours and highlights my eyes all in one but still looks soft rather than made up.

Essence Cappucino, please! (shimmer effect) - I recently did a MAC Shroom dupe post and Cappucino, please! was the closest dupe in my collection (see original comparison here).  I'll wear this soft mushroomy beige as an all over lid shade to brighten my eyes or on the inner corners to add a little extra brightness to Vex.

Cheeks & lips

Revlon Peach Parfait Lip Butter -  This soft peachy pink pearl is the right shade to give my lips just a hint of colour and sheen in one quick swipe.

Bloom Shy Sheer Colour Cream - I bought this quite a few months ago but only just 'discovered' it as I've started my love affair with cream blush in earnest.  It's a sheer rosy pink which can built up for an added natural flush on the apples on my cheeks.  Pretty in pink much?

Swatched L - R:
Peach Parfait, Shy, Duck, Cappucino, please!, Vex     
 

What's in your spring makeup bag?

That's it for now.

Vita :)

20 comments:

  1. I'll have to remember to check out that Essence eyeshadow. It looks lovely.

    Spring and summer are all about bright lipsticks for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see how much I've already loved my Essence shadow! It's such an easy, natural shade to wear - the finish is lovely and satiny even though it's called a shimmer.

      Delete
  2. love them all, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so envious of your spring ;) These days I'm wearing light pinks in spite of the weather
    I love that Essence eyeshadow, will look for it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you rebelling against the change of season! I think Cappucino, please! is a recent release so you should be able to find it :)

      Delete
  4. Pretty and soft and easy, perfect for weekends! I have to say that I sometimes amp it up on the weekends, just because I can, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm going somewhere special then I absolutely amp it up too - love doing the glam thing! For everyday relaxing though I like being no fuss simply because I wear a face full of makeup Monday to Friday :)

      Delete
  5. Love the stuff in your spring bag .. I still have to decide but for spring I love wearing MAC Sea Sheer lipstick n Revlon CB Peony n MAC Peachykeen n Dollymix blush ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, Peachykeen's on my wishlist! I think I have Peony lost somewhere in my collection - it's such a lovely soft lip colour :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I can totally see you in soft pink and peach :)

      Delete
  7. I am loving creme blushes at the moment too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be afraid of cream blush - don't know why because cream blushes are the easiest thing to wear so I can't get enough of them now!

      Delete
  8. Yay you're into cream blushes! I've heard so many good things about that shade. As you know, I've been loving cream blush like crazy lately. I bought Cappucino Please because of you, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love cream blush and Shy is such a lovely shade to work with too - it looks so natural. Shy also looks lovely paired with raspberry lips for another feminine combo. So glad you like Cappucino, please! It's become almost a daily staple e/s for me :)

      Delete
  9. I really love essence shadows. They are great! I'm so bad at cream blush, but that bloom one looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Essence fan - yay! I'm going to do a little Essence inventory post soon. If you're not confident with cream blush have a look at Shy because it's a fairly goof proof shade - no OTT doll cheeks!

      Delete
  10. Pretty pretty colours!! I'm in love that cream blush - looks so lovely and perfect for your warmer season. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cream blush seems to be everywhere at the moment! It's a trend I'm a little late to embracing but I'm loving it now :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...