31 January, 2011

Hello Gorgeous!

...Gorgeous Cosmetics that is!

A couple of weeks ago I picked up my first Gorgeous Cosmetics eyeshadow, Mint Julip, on sale at Zuza in Melbourne.  (My make-up is actually stored in a Gorgeous cosmetics case my husband gave me for Christmas a few years ago, but until now I had not tried their products!!)

I've just checked out their website http://www.gorgeouscosmetics.com.au/ and Gorgeous Cosmetics is actually an Australian brand founded by qualified make-up and hairdresser David McConnell.  There are a number of stores located in Melbourne & Sydney.

 I wore Mint Julip yesterday and it held up extremely well in the heat with minimal creasing by the end of the day.  Now, that's not bad considering I never wear a primer or base on my eyelids!  Mint Julip is a very wearable warm green shade with a gold shimmer throughout.  I thought a warm green would work well with my green eyes without overwhelming them.

Here are a few pix of the product packaging and my first attempt at an EOTD:







 What I used:
  • Mint Julip brushed all over lid and blended in to crease
  • Chanel white gold eyeshadow from 24 Interferentiels quad in inner corner
  • MAC Powerpoint eye pencil in Hand Forged on upper lid
  • Maybelline Lash Discovery mini-brush waterproof mascara in Very Black

It ended up with a very subtle, wearable result I think.

Before I go, a random photo of the green shell bracelet I wore yesterday.  This is another great gift from a friend.  She brought it back from Fiji:


I'm off to a very prolific start with my blog as I'm taking advantage of the last few days I have at home before my son resumes school and I head back to work!

That's all for now. 

Vita :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...