21 February, 2011

From my travels: Shiseido MAQuillAGE

When I was in Singapore in April last year I spotted some gorgeous eyeshadow palettes at the Takashimaya department store.  I had to buy them as the Maquillage line is not available in Australian department stores, and I'm always on the lookout for different and interesting brands - they're my idea of souvenirs!



These are the Eyes Creator (3D) palettes in GY867 (grey) on the left and BR365 (brown).  They feature a cream base shade (bottom left-hand corner of each palette), three complimentary eyeshadow shades, and a cream eyeliner (bottom right-hand corner).  The palettes include a double-ended applicator and a mini blending and eyeliner brush.  The palette is also refillable as the individual colour pans can be popped out and replaced.

Here are the individual palettes with swatches shown in daylight and lamplight:

GY867
As you can see I've used the grey palette a few times.  The grey shade itself shows up as a steel-blue against my skin and looks quite dramatic on my eyes.  I've worn these shadows in steamy hot weather and they held up very well with minimal creasing. 

BR365
I've not actually used the brown palette until now and after swatching it I cannot understand why.  The browns are shimmery but subtle shades and I'm sure they'd be office-appropriate.  I'll have to wear these shades this week so I can give you a complete review. 

*EDIT* I  road-tested this palette today and while the colours were subtle, I was amused to find I had tiny sparkles on my cheeks by the middle of the day.  This would look gorgeous at a softly-lit romantic dinner but I don't think I'll wear it to tomorrow's office meeting :)

So what have I found out about Maquillage?  This particular Shiseido line retails in China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan & Thailand.  According to their website here Maquillage believes "...in perfecting the inner beauty of every woman by helping them create the "ideal face"..."

This product is available online at strawberrynet.com for Australian and overseas readers.

That's all for now.

Vita :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...