14 May, 2015

L'Oreal Spiky Effect: 891 Noir Whisper

Hey there!  I'm back from yet another blogging hiatus and while I work on a product review in the background I've decided to get a quickie swatch post out to warm up the fingers again...

Getting in on that whole Fifty Shades "moment" (I'm surmising), L'Oreal recently released a little Shades of Grey collection comprising six variations on the grey spectrum.  It wasn't necessarily about the colour for me but the polishes come in varying finishes and it was the two textured "Spiky Effect" shades which caught my eye - and made me spend my money!   Noir Whisper (also called Do Not Disturb depending upon where you are) is a cool steely silver and the textured twist on the usual super smooth silver metallic had me intrigued and I wasn't disappointed.  Two coats completely rendered my nails in suitably rough looking silver...

Shade



Sun

What are your feelings on all the grey nails around this season?

Until next time...

8 comments:

  1. That is a pretty rad looking grey!! I passed on these in Priceline but now am rethinking it, this looks like something I'd love to wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got that bit of a twist which made it appealing to me - I can totally see you wearing this too. And lots of thanks and BIG hugs for featuring me in your latest post Emma! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh, damn - this looks really really good. :x I gave away all my L'Oreal polishes a long time ago and swore not to get any more but this is so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!? Ah well...if you got rid of a whole heap of polish bottles that just clears the way for more, right? Lol!

      Delete
  3. Ooh that is one stunning nail polish :)
    I have not seen it in stores here in Finland yet, but then again, everything new takes a while to reach Finland ;)
    You have such a lovely blog.. I´m a new subscriber :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my little blog and thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oooh, that is lovely! I've been looking for some more basic, understated shades lately, but I'm sure I'll get in the mood for something like this soon enough again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like a bit of bling on the nails from time to time!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...