27 October, 2011

REVIEW: Essence - Stay With Me long lasting lipgloss

Those of you who've followed me for a while know that I have a 'thing' for Essence cosmetics because they're good quality and so ridiculously affordable.  Here's another little gem of a product from Essence that I wanted to share with you.

About a month ago I bought two Stay With Me lipglosses to try because they claimed to be long lasting - and (truthfully) because the summery colours were irresistible!  At $3.95AUD each it wasn't going to be a costly disappointment if they didn't quite live up to their name.

 trendsetter (top)
my favourite milkshake (bottom)

What I like about wearing these lipglosses is that, yes, they do last well on the lips without migrating or fading within minutes but best of all these long-lasting glosses don't feel tacky or sticky at all on the lips. My lips feel smooth and moisturised as these have the texture of a glossy balm. 



The shape of the applicator is interesting and a bit unusual to me.  It's hour-glass shaped rather than the traditional doe foot.  The applicator shape fits the lip contour perfectly and I can roll the applicator over the lips to deposit the gloss neatly on my lips instead of applying with the usual swiping action. 




Swatched on my hand - L-R:
trendsetter
my favourite milkshake


I've also taken the plunge and taken a picture of trendsetter on my 45 year old lips (warning!) to give you a better idea of the coverage and glossy finish:



Pros:
-well pigmented bright colours with a high gloss finish (6 in all)
-gloss doesn't migrate
-lasts up to a few hours
-feels smooth and not sticky on the lips
-hour-glass applicator makes application easy
-well priced at $3.95AUD

Cons:
-Limited availability for Australian readers as Essence is currently only retailing through selected Target stores

Would I buy this again?
Absolutely.  I have a few more shades I 'need'!


Until next time.

Vita :)

6 comments:

  1. I need to see if my ulta has these... you had me sold when you said they are not "sticky" I hate sticky lip gloss.. Pic is lovely :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty! You have lovely lips doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Polish AMOR - These glosses are definitely not sticky or tacky. I hate tacky glosses myself!

    @Vintage Makeup - Thank you for the compliment. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous on your lips, gonna google essence locations now!
    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my collection of these going up soon, I am in love with them! Looks great on you

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Grace - Good luck! Check out Essence Au on Facebook for locations.

    @Emmabovary - I'll look forward to seeing your post on these. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...