06 April, 2011

Haul post: Cosmetics Fragrance Direct

I was feeling tired and needed a bit of retail therapy last week.  I ventured in to my local Cosmetics Fragrance Direct outlet and came back with this little haul for less than $40AUD:

L - R:
Revlon nail polish (Lush Lime) - $7.00
b by Bloom nail polish (Madrid) - $7.00
Stila eye shadow quad (Marrakesh) - $15.00
L'Oreal Colour Riche lipsticks (Sweet Nectar & Bewitching Berry) - $5.00 each



Here are some close-ups and swatches in natural daylight:

 Stila eye shadow quad
As you can see these colours are actually quite soft and shimmery when swatched over eye base on the back of my hand - I'm loving the coppery gold shadow.  This is my first Stila eye shadow palette and I thought it was a good opportunity to try it out at $15.  According to the price sticker these palettes normally retail at $40.


L'Oreal Colour Riche lipstick
From top:  Sweet Nectar, Bewitching Berry
At $5.00 each I didn't have to think too hard about buying these lipsticks as they normally retail at around $26AUD.  The hardest decision was what colours to choose.  I already have good collection of Colour Riche lipsticks as I like the creamy texture, rich pigment and long-wearing formula.  These are good middle of the road lipsticks - not pretentious or hip but solid performers in my opinion.

Finally, some quick nail polish swatches on tape photographed outdoors in the shade and sunlight:


L - R :
Revlon (Lush Lime) - 2 coats
b by Bloom (Madrid) - 1 coat!
I'm very familiar with the Revlon formula but I haven't tried Bloom's b by Bloom nail polish before.  The depth of coverage in one coat and the rich colour of this nail polish is very promising!  Revlon nail polish and b by Bloom nail polish normally retail at $13.95 & $14.95 respectively.

Australian readers can check out Cosmetics Fragrance Direct locations here.

That's all for now.

Vita :)

2 comments:

  1. The Stila palette is so pretty!

    I love stila shadows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to trying this one! The colours are so soft and feminine :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...