02 April, 2011

REVIEW: Products farewelled in March

Hello there :)

This is a day or so late but here are the products that bit the dust last month.


After completing my own Project 10 Pan I've decided to keep going with a running tally to satisfy my own curiousity as to how many products I manage to get through this year!  So, let's begin with number 11...


11) Maybelline Lash Discovery
Mini-Brush Waterproof Mascara
I try my best to be active so I get out and exercise at my local YMCA gym when I can.  This is usually after work so I'll still have my eye makeup on, topped off with waterproof mascara - I do a pretty intense workout and I don't want panda eyes on the treadmill!  I'm forever trying new and different waterproof  mascaras and I don't particularly want to spend a lot of $$ on them - I bought this simply because it was on sale at a discount beauty store.

Pros:
-This has a tiny brush so it can get in to cover the shortest of eyelashes with precision
-It does not budge through exercise or swimming
-It does not flake
-Budget price at less than $15AUD

Cons:
-Formula gets clumpy
-Extremely tough to remove, even with waterproof eyemakeup remover
-I think this may have been discontinued (at least in Australia)

Would I buy this again?
Obviously I can't but even if it were available I'd move on to a product that's easier to remove.


12) Benefit - Her Glossiness Lip Gloss
(Who Are You Wearing?)
This was one of my favourite lip glosses this summer and I was lucky enough to get it as a full sized freebie with a magazine!  For a swatch see here.  I just loved the sheer pink colour of this lip gloss.

Pros:
-Great sheer colour
-Lovely subtly edible scent
-Feels wet on lips, not tacky
-Good size tube (3.0g/.10oz) that still fits easily into your jeans pocket

Cons:
-Because this is a very sheer, wet gloss it needs frequent re-application

Would I buy this again?
Probably, but my favourite gloss of the moment is Estee Lauder's Pure Color Gloss for its great texture.

 

13) Shiseido Zen
 Eau De Parfum (100ml)
This perfume has sentimental value for me.  I bought in 2008 in Japan so it's very special.  Turns out this version, released in 2007 is the third incarnation of this fragrance - the first two versions were released in 1964 and 2000. 

My review of this would be very subjective and amateurish so I think it's best to just give you the details from perfumer Michel Almairac.  Zen 2007 is described as a “...fresh, floral woody scent” with notes of grapefruit, bergamot, peach, pineapple, blue rose, freesia, gardenia, red apple, violet, lily of the valley, hyacinth, rose, lotus flower, patchouli, cedar, musk, white musk, amber, incense and marine plant."

Would I buy this again?
Yes, it belongs in my perfume wardrobe.  I equally love wearing this at work or for a special night out.  Zen consistently gets compliments whenever I wear it.



14) OPI Polish Remover
 (non-oily, moisturizing formula)
Yes, this is my second bottle in two months.  Not surprising really.  For my previous review click here.


15) OPI Original Nail Envy
Nail Strengthener
I can't tell you how many bottles I've used of this stuff.  I've been using this nail strengthener as long as I've been using OPI in general.  This is what I use as my base coat.

Pros:
-Can use this alone as a strengthener or under colour as a base coat
-Good for my brittle, peeling nails

Cons:
-Price - this retails at $34.50AUD
-I've heard this product doesn't work well for everyone so...

Would I buy this again?
I have this time but I think I should get out of my rut on this one...


Until my next post.

Vita :)

2 comments:

  1. It's nice that you're using up even more things!

    I always get bored on project pan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Project 10 Pan was pretty challenging...glad to have done it though :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...