17 November, 2011

What my nails wore to work: Orly - Purple Crush

It wasn't planned but it seems to be pink week for my nails this week!

Still on a bright kick my work manicure of choice this week was Purple Crush.   Purple Crush is from Orly's 2010 Hot Stuff collection and is more fuschia pink than purple to my eye.  I was a little surprised when this creme formula dried to more of a satiny semi-matte finish on my nails.   I applied two coats of polish but this probably could have benefited from a third to give it a more even depth of colour.  From my limited experience I think Orly polishes are consistently three-coaters.

Without top coat:


With one coat of Sally Hansen Megashine:


I applied top coat to make this manicure more durable as well as adding shine.  What's your preference?

Until next time.

Vita :)

7 comments:

  1. Very bright and beautiful, I prefer it with top coat, not particularly fond of that semi-matte finish

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so cool!! right now im loving the rubber,semi matte finish! so this is right up my alley .. that shade of pink looks perfect on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it both ways....adds to wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sarah Claire - Thank you and welcome to my blog! :)

    @hermetic - I'm a bit traditional like you and prefer the glossy cos it's much more vibrant :)

    @Maria - Thanks, you rocked that matte purple!

    @Kristy - Thanks :) You'll love this, can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that topcoat makes a world of difference! While I like the finish of the polish on its own, I love it even more as a super shiny Barbie shade:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @emmabovary - thanks, I prefer the glossy look too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...