23 November, 2011

Glitter gradient: Essence - Make it Golden

Here's an OTT gold glitter gradient mani I did last weekend.  As you may know, Hubby was in Vegas last week so this was my Vegas-inspired flashy mani.  I just kept building on my already glittery mani with two coats of Essence's Make it Golden on the tips of my nails.  Make it Golden is a thick glitter polish composed surprisingly of silver hex glitter suspended in a shimmery gold base.  It's the rich colour of the base that makes the glitter appear yellow gold.  This glitter polish offers great opaque coverage and it dried quite quickly too because of the Colour & Go formula.

This gradient was more pass than fail so I thought it was worth sharing...



That's all for now.

Vita :)

12 comments:

  1. I think it's really pretty and it's Vegas-flashy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really cool, I agree with Nicole, very Vegas-flashy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sparkly! :) It makes me think of a sparkly gold dress which then makes me think of a pair of heels I have! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nicole - thanks, I'm glad I got the Vegas theme down. :)

    @Polish AMOR - Thanks hun xoxo

    @Vintage Makeup - I'm getting into the party spirit early!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very nice, somewhere I saw gradient gold mani with the same Essence polish but the difference was in the base, you used white and the other girl done it over black, both looks great

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MissDoll - Oooh, I should try it over a dark polish too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post has left me so sad :( why you ask ?! because i want this nail polish but my Ulta doesn't carry this line .. well i at least haven't seen it :( :( :( .. i'll just live through you . & pretend im wearing this mani!

    i love this on you ! soo flasshhhy ! i want to re create this look for like new years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Maria - Awww, thanks Maria. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally almost bought this shade!! I am going back to geez I love Essence. Have you seen the new stand at Target in Plenty Valley? So many new nail shades! I only bought one, but going back for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @emmabovary - If you see this shade next time then do grab it, it's so festive and blingy. I've not been to Plenty Valley for a while but I do haunt it sometimes, I'll definitely check it out soon. I've heard on the grapevine that essence should be available in all Target stores by next month - big yay for us essence fans!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely adore the gold glittery tips. I have a similar colour on right now, but it's more sparse and I have it over some random light yellow gold Rimmel polish. I finally raided an Essence stand today but they didn't have that shade! :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. @SilhouetteScreams - I can't wait to see what you hauled from Essence!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...