20 November, 2011

Lipgloss love!

As the weather warms up I relax my makeup routine a little.  Precisely applied deep red lipstick feels a bit too heavy and formal for a mid-spring day so lately it's been all about lipgloss for me.  At the moment I can't get enough of the softer shades as I've been favouring a more natural look.  Particularly when I'm out and about on the weekend (and we're always on the run in our little family), I find it's so much easier and unfussy to slick on a gloss.

This post is devoted to the lipglosses I've been reaching for over the last few weeks.  These five glosses have been on high rotation because they make me feel like a fresher, springier version of me!


 

Left to Right:
  • Heavy Rotation Enamel Gloss (03) - I bought this gloss in Japan a few years ago.  This is a warm caramel nude cream gloss with a coconut scent and a buttery texture.  It's quite well pigmented but this colour is so well matched to my colouring, it just disappears into my lips.  The packaging of this little tube is so clever too! You pop off the cap, twist the brush to the right to open the tube, squeeze the amount of gloss you want into the brush, apply, then twist the brush to the left to reseal it before replacing the cap.  No risk of goopy leaks in your pocket here!
  • Essence Stay With Me Longlasting Lipgloss (02 My Favourite Milkshake)  - This soft creamy peach is a recent favourite of mine.  Click here for my original review.
  • Bourjois Effet 3D Gloss (05 Rose hypothetic) - This is a glassy warm-toned soft pink with a crystal finish. The fine shimmer particles add extra depth and dimension to this gloss.  It's a very pretty shade without being too girly for me.  Despite the shimmer this feels very smooth on my lips.  
  • Bloom Lip Gloss (Sweet Pea) - This opaque cream mauve is the perfect match for my natural lip colour.  This super shiny gloss has a yummy vanilla scent.  I've been wearing this one a LOT and have already decided this is a definite repurchase.
  • Chanel Glossimer (83) - My luxe lipgloss.  This has great pigmentation, superior wear time and is opaque enough to be worn as a glossy lipstick.  83 is candy pink with a subtle gold shimmer and I just love it.  I just checked and at the date of posting it's rated 4.8 out of 5 on MakeupAlley too, so clearly I'm not the only fan of this shade!
 
Swatches in natural daylight (same order as above):

What's your favourite lipgloss shade?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Vita :)

11 comments:

  1. The essence gloss looks so pretty. I heard Essence will be sold widely at all Target stores, can't wait to try them.
    Lilit
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Makeup and Macaroons - Yes Lilit, essence is FINALLY spreading its wings. I've seen stands cropping up in more and more Target stores and these glosses are in their core line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all beautiful! I hope Essence pops up in a Target near me, I really want to try their stuff. I saw a stand in a Priceline when I was down in Melbourne on holiday but I didn't pick anything up. *kicks self*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shades, I prefer lipsticks to lipglosses especially now in winter time here in Northern hemisphere ;) I love Essence glosses in general, cheap and decent quality

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in Europe so we have fall and winter ahead ;(
    This time is perfect for a little red lipstick, I put it on and smear it with my fingers so the color isn't that strong and it works like a lip stain which is pretty practical

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are the perfect spring pick-me-up! You've got me curious about the Bourjois gloss now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @SilhouetteScreams - Keep checking your local Target because they're supposed to be launching nationwide.

    @hermetic - Of course! You guys are heading towards the northern winter.

    @MissDoll - Great idea applying lipstick like a stain. I'm always applying straight from the tube but I recently saw a post demonstrating how applying lipstick with fingertip over balm really softens the look. I'll be trying this myself!

    @Liz - I only have one Bourjois gloss but I do love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Chanel Glossimers, they are such a good lip gloss. Would love to see any more Chanel Glossimer shades if you have any. Great post.XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Tara - Oh Tara, I wish I had more of these Chanel beauties because they really are something else! Sadly, i've only got one - maybe I should put in an order with Santa. Guaranteed I will buy more after I finish this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh I want a Chanel Glossimer! Would love to seea full review of it? (Might add one to Christmas wishlist;P )

    ReplyDelete
  11. @emmabovary - It's the only Chanel gloss I own so I might just have to get me another one just to be sure! I'll happily review this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...