05 November, 2011

EOTD: Gold 'n' green

Last month a number of bloggers posted some wonderful EOTD looks using variations of green.  It inspired me to step outside my personal comfort zone of pink, beige and purple and create a look a bit more dramatic than I'd normally wear. 





For this look I used:
  • Face of Australia primer (matte) blended over the lids
  • Excel - GL01 (gold) on inner corners
  • MAC - Sumptuous Olive (golden olive) on lids
  • Red Earth - After Eight (forest green) blended in crease and outer V
  • MAC Duck Powerpoint eye pencil on outer upper lash line
  • Christian Dior Diorshow mascara (black) on upper lashes only

For added reference on the colours used here are the eyeshadows in their pans and swatched in daylight.  I bought the gold Excel eyeshadow at a drugstore in Tokyo back in 2008:

L-R:
Excel GL01, MAC Sumptuous Olive, Red Earth After Eight


Until next time.

Vita :)

11 comments:

  1. Well, this goes just perfect with your eyes, very pretty and not too dramatic imo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this look! Such pretty colours. They really bring out your green eyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. this doesn't look dramatic at all. and it brings out your green eyes. pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously - why was everyone on a green kick? I feel like I missed a memo.

    I think this looks so beautiful with your green/hazel eyes! You should wear it boldly more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is extremely gorgeous! You should do more EOTDs as you're looks are better than 90% I've seen on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @hermetic - Thank you :) I think the pictures soften the look because it was a lot more vivid IRL.

    @Haute_Style - Thanks! I broke the colour rules - you know how you're never supposed to match the shadow to your eye colour but it actually worked!

    @Kristy - Thank you xoxo

    @prettymom - Green against green shouldn't really work but it seems it did!

    @Liz - I'm the one who missed the memo! A lot of girls wore green to promote depression awareness in October but unfortunately I was too slow off the mark :-p Thanks for the compliment BTW.

    @Vintage Makeup - You're embarrassing me again (in the nicest possible way xxx) I'd love to post more EOTD's. I just need to get inspired I guess cos I usually stick to the same tried and true looks during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving it! really sets of your eye colour.
    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Grace - Thank you! The green was a lot more wearable than I expected. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. @SilhouetteScreams - Thankyou, that's a great compliment xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...